PDA

View Full Version : Make your own faux "Lamy Dark Lilac"

migo984
February 25th, 2018, 07:34 AM
A while back I mixed Iroshizuku Yama-budo and Shin-kai and liked the result. It looked a little like Lamy Dark Lilac. After playing around with the proportions I found that 3 parts Y-B : 1 part S-K looked pretty close to DL. and even demonstrated a good amount of gold sheen, inherited from the Y-B.

I forgot to post the results at the time, so recently mixed up another sample. I couldn't find another post on FPG showing this mix, but must admit I didn't search too deeply, so apologies if this has already been demonstrated.

It appears to be a stable mix, with similar performance to DL, and similar shading characteristics, although it does bleed-through cheaper papers very slightly more than the original.

Here are two images of "Iroshizuku Dark Lilac": a scan of the two inks plus a photo to show the sheen.

NB: Purple is notoriously difficult to replicate electronically, and I think the first image (scan) is a little too light, however IRL I find the 2 ink colours almost indistinguishable from each other.

Hope this is of use to someone..........

Anne
February 25th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I don't have the makings for this shade, but I really appreciate you reporting the results for us!

SIR
February 26th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Wow... good work!!

Rossler
February 26th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Thank you Migo.
I am going to give it a try, I missed the Lamy Dark Lilac opportunity.
And this is very encouraging for those who, like me, didn’t have a chance to try it out.

earthdawn
February 26th, 2018, 06:42 PM
That is some really impressive results.

Well done and thank you for sharing!

migo984
February 27th, 2018, 05:05 AM
That is some really impressive results.

Well done and thank you for sharing!

I actually now like it better than the original!

mamajolijn
April 24th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Thank you for the effort!!!