PDA

View Full Version : Northern New England Geeks?

Finnegans
March 1st, 2018, 07:00 AM
Any interest in a Maine-area meet-up? I'm not natively much of a joiner but I got to have coffee with fellow Mainer and FPGeek Alchemist last month and it was delightful enough that we wondered if there might be more FPGeeks in this area who wanted to get together as a means of checking out different pens, maybe even trading pens/ink, etc. Portland would probably work given the density of population and coffee shops, but I'd be open to alternatives if consensus dictated?

Beowulf50
March 1st, 2018, 09:56 AM
I live south of Boston, but would gladly drive to Portland (Kittery would be better) for an afternoon of coffee and pens. I've even made the trip to Hartford to meet up with several pen folks a couple years ago.

I don't see too well after dark, so later in the spring, with more afternoon daylight, would be perfect. Saturdays are also the best for me, as Sundays are usually full with other commitments.

Looking forward to meeting some new pen friends.

Bill

fqgouvea
March 1st, 2018, 12:23 PM
I might be able to make it. I’m in Waterville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NibsForScript
March 6th, 2018, 03:27 AM
I could get to Portland. It is about 2 hrs from the mid coast. I would love to meet over some coffee and pens. Late spring would be the best time due to light. We should plan on it!

Liz

SIR
March 6th, 2018, 04:55 AM
https://fpgeeks.com/forum/dcMembermap.php

stub
March 6th, 2018, 06:39 AM
If a meet up happens in Summer when I am visiting family, I might be interested.

But am pretty far up the state so maybe it would not be practical (Arcadia & Downeast, MDI specifically), so maybe another 2 hours from where NibsForScript is.

NibsForScript
March 6th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Stub you are about 3 hours from Portland via Rt95. In the summer you do not want to go the costal route as the traffic will be heavy and slow. I am actually about 1 1/2 hrs from Portland when the weather is good and the traffic is light. I have learned to give myself that extra time for those circumstances as they do arrive all too often. I guess the best way would be to see where everyone is and find a fairly central location. The most beautiful would be Acadia but that would not be a fair drive for most.

stub
March 6th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Stub you are about 3 hours from Portland via Rt95. In the summer you do not want to go the costal route as the traffic will be heavy and slow. I am actually about 1 1/2 hrs from Portland when the weather is good and the traffic is light. I have learned to give myself that extra time for those circumstances as they do arrive all too often. I guess the best way would be to see where everyone is and find a fairly central location. The most beautiful would be Acadia but that would not be a fair drive for most.

Thanks for the information. I defer to your knowledge as I am not a real Mainer and only visit family there (though pretty regularly). I love Maine and I would love to retire there but I am not sure my wife would be all that keen on it.

I'll keep my eye on the topic and see how it develops.

FOUNTAIN PENS IN THE DOORYARD!

NibsForScript
July 12th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Summer is here. Anyone ready to gather?

Alchemist
July 12th, 2018, 03:47 PM
I'm in. Anywhere from Augusta south works for me. Maybe we could do a couple in different areas - Augusta area for those from central and mid-coast, and Kittery or Portsmouth for those further south?

stub
July 13th, 2018, 01:41 AM
I am keeping an eye on this but looks sadly like I might not make it home this summer.