PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, new from PA

Vee
March 1st, 2018, 05:12 PM
Hello, I happened upon here last night and decided I'd join you all. I'm not new to fountain pens, but I've recently gotten back into them. Not sure if that's good or bad, because I could easily go broke on pens and ink! So far I've been able to pace myself and haven't gotten carried away, but I could see how that could happen lol. Not sure what else to say right off the bat, but hopefully we will get to know one another in time :wave:

FredRydr
March 1st, 2018, 05:17 PM
Assuming "PA" is Pennsylvania, be aware that the 3-day Baltimore Pen Show (http://baltimorepenshow.com) starts tomorrow morning, which is worth a visit. Depending upon where you are, there are fountain pen groups that gather in Philadelphia, Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. PM me for info on Harrisburg and I'll put you on the email list.

Anne
March 1st, 2018, 05:19 PM
Welcome:)

Vee
March 1st, 2018, 05:29 PM
Yes Pennsylvania, and that sounds amazing, unfortunately there is no way I could make that. :( I'm closest to Pittsburgh, but even that is a two hour drive, although I won't say I wouldn't make the trip ;) Better weather is coming, perhaps I'd even make a trip to Harrisburg some time.

jar
March 2nd, 2018, 05:28 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

FredRydr
March 2nd, 2018, 06:06 AM
Yes Pennsylvania, and that sounds amazing, unfortunately there is no way I could make that. :( I'm closest to Pittsburgh, but even that is a two hour drive, although I won't say I wouldn't make the trip ;) Better weather is coming, perhaps I'd even make a trip to Harrisburg some time.
If you contact Ron Zorn (http://mainstreetpens.com) about the pen group in the Pittsburgh area, he will have the information.

Wahl
March 5th, 2018, 08:36 AM
:welcome:

Hawk
March 8th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Welcome.

Bisquitlips
March 13th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum! Glad you are with us!

Frank
March 23rd, 2018, 07:43 PM
:welcome:

calamum
April 17th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Howdy! I'm new to the group myself, and also trying (so far without an enormous amount of success) to pace myself, as you so aptly put it.
I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area myself, although I moved out west more years ago than I care to remember.