PDA

View Full Version : New Lamy 2000!

techjunkie25
March 2nd, 2018, 08:10 AM
Wahoo, I have acquired a new Lamy 2000 with medium nib in Makrolon.
Cleaned well, dried out and inked with Lamy blue, and I do have to say it’s a super smooth writing experience. More so than any pen I’ve written with to date.

Makrolon is very comfortable in the hand, machining is amazing, you can’t even barely see the plunger cap.

I’m very impressed with this pen.

What other inks are nice and saturated in blue color? I’ve got noodlers baystate blue, and love it in some of my other pens, but have heard bad things about the corrosive nature, so I’m less than enthusiastic to ink it up in the new pen...

Any thoughts?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180302/6bf47ea913224c7d1bc953d98bbd2859.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SIR
March 2nd, 2018, 08:20 AM
Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue is a heavily saturated and popular blue but... one should practice very careful pen cleaning hygiene and discipline.

KrazyIvan
March 2nd, 2018, 10:53 AM
DC Supershow Blue stained some of my pens (converter, transparent ink sac), so yes, careful pen cleaning is a must.

although
March 7th, 2018, 10:02 PM
I like iro shizuku Asa gao as a nice solid blue. It's not quite as super saturated as the PR DC supershow blue, but it's a great color, and it has all of the legendary good performance that the brand is known for.

BillPorter
March 28th, 2018, 02:43 PM
+1 for Asa gao

amk
March 28th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Pelikan koenigsblau is gorgeous and well behaved, too. Waterman blue is good too, very reliable. I use both a lot.

Enjoy your 2000.You have a real classic there.