PDA

View Full Version : Conway Stewart 23 cap plug removal

johnmc2
March 4th, 2018, 11:51 PM
I have two Conway Stewart 23 caps, one with the plug for the ciip-screw and one whose plug is missing. I would like to remove the plug from the green cap and install it in the blue one.
Any ideas how to proceed?

Deb
March 5th, 2018, 03:10 AM
These clip screws are held by a nut inside the cap. The nut has a slot which requires a special spanning screwdriver but you can make that yourself by grinding out the centre of a screwdriver to fit. The inside of the cap will take a lot of cleaning to remove old ink. Heat will help in loosening the nut.

Sometimes these things are so corroded that they become difficult -if not impossible - to work on.

johnmc2
March 5th, 2018, 01:13 PM
These clip screws are held by a nut inside the cap. The nut has a slot which requires a special spanning screwdriver but you can make that yourself by grinding out the centre of a screwdriver to fit. The inside of the cap will take a lot of cleaning to remove old ink. Heat will help in loosening the nut.

Sometimes these things are so corroded that they become difficult -if not impossible - to work on.Hi Deb and thanks for your quick reply. These are the ones without a nut, and I want to swap the entire plug, not just the clip screw.

https://i.imgur.com/QbXpM4qm.jpg