PDA

View Full Version : The problem child...

RocketRyan
March 17th, 2018, 08:12 AM
After much experimentation I finally managed to find a converter and ink combo that works well in my Visconti opera elements. But being a Visconti the revolutionary hook safe capping mechanism has now decided to start playing up. If I didn't think this pen was so beautiful I would probably give up on it.

lowks
March 17th, 2018, 09:49 AM
After much experimentation I finally managed to find a converter and ink combo that works well in my Visconti opera elements. But being a Visconti the revolutionary hook safe capping mechanism has now decided to start playing up. If I didn't think this pen was so beautiful I would probably give up on it.

What kind of problem with the hook safe ?

RocketRyan
March 17th, 2018, 01:37 PM
The inner cap seems to stick.

s_t_e_v_e
March 22nd, 2018, 03:49 PM
That happened to me on my lava homo sapiens when I first received it. But now it seems to have gotten smooth.
I don't really have an explanation or solution for the behavior. Maybe a few dozen cap/uncap actions would smooth it out?

RocketRyan
March 22nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
Seems to be intermittent currently.

Sammyo
March 22nd, 2018, 09:32 PM
Is it intermittent, or specific to one orientation?
I would try capping and uncapping in each orientation of the mechanism. Try to find it is only one or two positions that cause a problem.
Once you have located if it's a single place you can then inspect the hook and latch and see if there's anything you can do to make it match the others.
Just a thought...

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk

RocketRyan
March 23rd, 2018, 12:02 AM
It's just the inner cap getting Stuck from what I can tell, it will just go pop when it releases itself.

Sammyo
March 23rd, 2018, 03:25 AM
It's just the inner cap getting Stuck from what I can tell, it will just go pop when it releases itself.Ah... That's different then... I suggest wear and fatigue to stop it, reputation and lots of it.

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk