PDA

View Full Version : WTS Nakaya Piccolo - Kuro Tamenuri - Mottishaw Soft-Medium Stub with Flex

jacobwilson99
March 17th, 2018, 08:39 PM
This is difficult. But, here goes.

I'm selling my Nakaya Piccolo Cigar (sans clip) in the Kuro-Tamenuri finish (pen has ebonite threads, not metal threads). The nib is a Rhodium Soft-Medium nib that has been reground to a stub with added flex by John Mottishaw.

I'm selling this pen because it simply does not get the use it deserves in my pen roll.

I'm the original owner of the pen. Purchased from Nibs.com Feb, 2017. Pen is in Like New condition. I've used it here and there, there are no visible signs of use that I can see. Body of the pen is beautiful. Nib is incredible. Pen is $820 when purchased brand new from John (wait time is currently extended since they're out of stock of this particular model).

Verification and Photos (https://imgur.com/a/BURqT?s=sms)

$720 comes with box and paperwork and kimono and original cartridges.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wile E Coyote
March 17th, 2018, 08:49 PM
What's the ink?

jacobwilson99
March 17th, 2018, 09:03 PM
What's the ink?

Akkerman #8.

mbp
March 17th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Wow, that's a really nice nib. Do you know how it compares to a normal hard medium nib when using light pressure to write?

jacobwilson99
March 18th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Wow, that's a really nice nib. Do you know how it compares to a normal hard medium nib when using light pressure to write?

So, it is possible to use this pen for normal writing, with essentially zero pressure. You can kind of see that in my writing sample, and the slight variation it has with light pressure. I've never used a Platinum/Nakaya Hard Medium, though, so I can't make any direct comparison.

Bisquitlips
March 20th, 2018, 11:54 PM
PM sent!