PDA

View Full Version : Updated post - Sailor King Cobra, Danitrio, Taccia Winter's Breath

Mori45
March 18th, 2018, 02:48 PM
I can't edit my previous post, so re-posting with some additional items. Please find the photos for all pens here (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13nY7OMCgWMGOWEKb0J2Yd85v-AiDXi3p).

NOTE: Nibs on Namisu and Bexley have been switched and DO NOT match the pictures.

Sailor Pro Gear Orange Demonstrator with rhodium plated 21k Nagahara cross point - I had a jeweler in San Francisco do the rhodium plating to match the trim (happy to provide a reference--they do great work). Pen writes beautifully. These were among the more common specialty nibs. $1100 shipped CONUS OBO. SPF.

Sailor Pro Gear with rhodium plated 21k Nagahara King Cobra (6B!) - I had a jeweler in San Francisco do the rhodium plating to match the trim, same as the cross point. Writes like a silky smooth Sharpie. For reference, "Pen Sale" in the writing sample was written with a Pelikan M1000 03B nib, and the King Cobra is substantially broader. These are exceptionally rare as they came attached to the King Cobra Maki-e pen ($4-6k). With Nagahara specialty nibs no longer in production and maybe not coming back, I'm asking the very high price of $2500 shipped CONUS OBO to reflect the current market and my semi-reluctance to sell.

Pilot Custom 92 14k B nib - another smooth writer. I noticed what looks like a small crack in the section, and although it doesn't impact performance, I'm reducing the price to account for this. $105 shipped CONUS OBO. I have a rhodium plated 14k Welty music nib I can add for another $100 ($205 total).

Edison Glenmont in flecked sapphire with 18k 1.1 - Beautiful pen that never saw much use. $285 shipped CONUS OBO.

Lamy Safari Petrol Stainless B nib - Swapped to stainless steel B nib instead of black nib. I'll include a stainless 1.9 nib as well. $25 shipped CONUS OBO.

Lamy Studio 14k OB - Dipped but never inked. $150 shipped CONUS OBO.

Bexley Owner's Club 2014 Stainless Bock B nib (DIFFERENT NIB THAN IN PHOTOS) - The threads holding the nib unit feel stripped. They still hold the unit in place, but the nib unit can get pushed through when connecting the converter. Pen writes well and doesn't leak but only fair to warn you. Price reflects these issues. $80 shipped CONUS OBO.

Namisu Titanium Ti Bock B nib (DIFFERENT NIB THAN IN PHOTOS) - Ti nib is springy with some feedback, but a smooth writer. Nice pen, just not going to crack the user list. $105 shipped CONUS OBO.

Taccia Reserve Winter's Breath Limited with two tone 14k Sailor Music nib - #25/50. Beautiful pen with a nice smooth two tone Sailor music nib. Bought at the LA Pen Show and wrote 1 fill. I'd rather see it go to a good home than sit in a drawer. Comes with Inner and outer box, kimono, and pen wrap. $1450 shipped CONUS OBO.

Danitrio Blue Ishime 18k B "RS" stub nib - Beautiful blue ishime-ji finish on this Danitrio Takumi. It was a grail pen at one point, but sat in a drawer for the last few years. It's a really nice pen with a great B stub nib and deserves to be used. Not terribly common. $925 shipped CONUS OBO.

Indian Ebonite Eyedropper, similar to Deccan Advocate - no nib included, but Pelikan M1000 nib units will screw right in. I had Ernest Shin of Hakumin Urushi Kobo do a rubbed urushi finish on this a few years back to protect the pen. Holds about 5ml of ink. $200 shipped CONUS OBO.

Please reach out any questions, reasonable offers and international shipping requests.

Not looking for trades other than Conids (Flanders Field) or unusual Pelikans (ex. 1005 Demo, 14k nibs, BB/3B 800 & 1000 nibs).

spiralguy
March 18th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Curious to see a photo if the urushi-coated ebonite eyedropper. Which one is it among the pictures?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mori45
March 18th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Hi--It's in the Indian Eyedropper folder. (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cRQR9zVSazFzkQ9rPCyZblHIHaS-SXMS?usp=sharing)

Mori45
March 21st, 2018, 01:18 AM
All Withdrawn.

Nin444
March 21st, 2018, 07:24 AM
Hi Mori,

You should close the thread/ mark it as sold to prevent any confusion.

Mori45
March 22nd, 2018, 12:29 AM
Hi Mori,

You should close the thread/ mark it as sold to prevent any confusion.

For some reason I'm unable to edit posts--I don't have the option to close threads or mark them sold in my thread tools menu...