PDA

View Full Version : Parker 21 repair

carlos.q
May 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I recently bought a Parker 21 Super at a garage sale and it seems to have (only) two problems: the ink sac is not soft and pliable, and the nib writes very dry and scratchy.

So my questions are: 1) How to remove and replace the ink sac on this model? and 2) How can I fix a dry and scratchy nib (and increase the ink flow by the way)?

:help:

Laura N
May 6th, 2013, 10:05 AM
On the sac, I would go to Pendemonium's website and find the proper size. If you aren't sure, email them to ask. They have a lot of pen repair supplies including the shellac or sac cement you'll need for the repair.

The pen may just need a good cleaning, which you'll do when you disassemble it. That might take care of the ink flow by itself, I don't know. I've never worked on a 21, but that's what I'd do for a 51. Pendemonium also should have mylar sheets (also called grit paper) and/or micromesh buff sticks, which I really like for nib smoothing. Or you could try the brown paper bag trick.

There are other places that sell these things, of course; I'm suggesting Pendemonium because they have good prices and always have been very helpful. Probably if you tell them what you need to fix, they can send you the supplies you need all at once. Their shipping to me in Chicago has been fast.

KrazyIvan
May 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
If you search YouTube for "Parker 21 sac replacement" I think there is a video on it. I just can't get to it right now to post a link.