PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new here... And new Metro

azkid
March 19th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Greetings! I'm new here, glad to have joined, and looking forward to learning more about fountain pens, improving my handwriting, and perhaps doing some more writing for fun.

A Pilot Metropolitan just arrived moments ago and further shifted the earth beneath me. It's fine point and steady flow make for an even more enjoyable experience than the Also Domani which I dug out from my drawer several days ago to give fountain pens another go.

Can it be that my quest for a reliable, smooth pen may at last be at it's end? After years wandering through the desolate valley of merely tolerating scads of different ballpoints, gel pens, and more, it appears I have emerged into the gentle, verdant meadows of fountain pen pleasure from whence I hope never to leave.

I now look forward to working on my laughably poor handwriting and hope I can think of more excuses to use this pen.

jar
March 19th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

FredRydr
March 19th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I now look forward to working on my laughably poor handwriting and hope I can think of more excuses to use this pen.
I've had fountain pens for many years, now, and I'm still quite lazy on improving my handwriting. I have the handwriting books and manuals, and even vintage Spencerian and Gregg fountain pens, but noooo, they just will not magically turn my letters into works of art.

On the other hand, the pens do make my handwriting look better!