PDA

View Full Version : Indian made Parker ink

landrover
March 19th, 2018, 05:52 PM
I bought some Parker ink, blue and black, from a guy in India. The box says manufactured by Luxour India. Does that mean that the ink is manufactured there? Is is OK to use? Im kinda afraid to put it in my nice pen.

FredRydr
March 19th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Googling various combinations of "parker ink india luxor" doesn't help much. Wow, you may be the first to write an ink review on it! Does the label identify it as fountain pen ink?

landrover
March 19th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Parker Quink. It does not say fountain pen ink anywhere. The seller advertised as fountain pen ink though. I got it off Amazon:
Parker Quink Fountain Pen Ink Bottle - Blue Ink 30ml + Black Ink 30ml - Combo Pack
Sold by: india_dealz
$9.99
I was wanting a small amount to try some mixing so it seemed just the thing.

FredRydr
March 20th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Well...https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/23777-You-Get-What-You-Pay-For

I'd treat is as an experiment with a new ink and write a review. Use a pen that you can easily flush in the event the ink is not well-suited for fountain pens.

landrover
March 21st, 2018, 08:19 PM
Well I got a reply from Parker USA:
"We do not recommend Parker inks manufactured in India by Luxor in the Parker pens nor is this ink backed by our product warranty."
Why would they let them use the brand name then? I suppose none of the other products made in India with the Parker brand and name they would recommend.