PDA

View Full Version : recipe for blue black

landrover
March 29th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I want to try to make my own for fun certainly but I cant find one I like to buy

stub
March 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Recipe:

Go to store
insert 50ml Bottle of Sailor Jentle Blue-Black into shopping cart.
Give humanoid colored bits of paper.
put ink in pen
write
be happy.

The above recipe also works with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite for some reason. For Iron Gall Blatter version: Platinum or Pelikan 4001

However, rarely works with other inks proporting to be "Blue-Black" which are mostly charcoal-y near blacks or a fugly dark teals.

Wile E Coyote
March 29th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Recipe:

Go to store
put ink in pen
write
be happy.

The above recipe also works with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite for some reason. For Iron Gall Blatter version: Platinum or Pelikan 4001

However, rarely works with other inks proporting to be "Blue-Black" which are mostly charcoal-y near blacks or a fugly dark teals.

Beat me tuit.

KrazyIvan
March 29th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Recipe:

Go to store
put ink in pen
write
be happy.

Beat me tuit.

First two steps are not possible in my area without investing a large amount in transportation and lodging so it's not worth it. :crazy_pilot::rain::cry::bump2:

Wile E Coyote
March 29th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Recipe:

Go to store
put ink in pen
write
be happy.

Beat me tuit.

First two steps are not possible in my area without investing a large amount in transportation and lodging so it's not worth it. :crazy_pilot::rain::cry::bump2:

Click Here (https://smile.amazon.com/Sailor-Jentle-reservoir-Black-Bottle/dp/B002WM5EY6/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522351299&sr=8-1&keywords=sailor+blue+black), then click Buy Now, enter location and payment information...soon the drones will arrive.

usk15
March 29th, 2018, 01:56 PM
I have mixed myself Parker Quink Blue and Sheaffer Skrip Blue with Parker Quink Black, I will say 70/30.

The best way is to mix small amount before you find the mix you like. Just add black in 5ml into blue ink until you reach the perfect solution for you.

Or buy a ready available BB.

landrover
March 30th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I have mixed myself Parker Quink Blue and Sheaffer Skrip Blue with Parker Quink Black, I will say 70/30.

The best way is to mix small amount before you find the mix you like. Just add black in 5ml into blue ink until you reach the perfect solution for you.

Thank you, this will give me a starting place. As for the rest of you, thank you but I have looked at the reviews and scans but havent found a premix I like.

countrydirt
April 2nd, 2018, 03:26 PM
I added a bit of Noodler's X-Feather black to some Noodler's blue in one of the smaller sample vials and made a nice dark blue black without much thought.

welch
April 6th, 2018, 06:10 PM
On another pen/ink site, someone had started with Quink Blue and gradually added Quink Black. Warned that black carries more weight into blue. Ended at something like 1:10 black:blue.

General principle seems to be: start with a blue you like, add a little black from the same maker until you get a mix you like.