PDA

View Full Version : SOLD MB 149 90th Anniversary Broad

kyleparsons4842
April 2nd, 2018, 10:39 AM
Hello,

I hate to do it, but I'm selling one of my favorite pens. It's a MB 149 90th Ann. with a broad nib. This pen is wonderful. Rose gold clip, cap bands and piston trim band as well as a giant rose gold nib. It writes with a stub like character and is very smooth and wet. The piston operates perfectly, drawing a smooth full fill of ink. There are no major scratches nor cracks, only the minor microscratching from use including the marks on the barrel where the cap makes contact while threading on - this has not been a safe queen, but has been well looked after. I believe I have the original packaging, though I'll have to verify that later if it interests you.

Here are some pictures along with a writing sample:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-rsDSYamX2F9k6M2v3ukE6ESyHwBvc7h

The only trade I'd be interested in would be for another 149 90th (or platinum) with an EF or F nib.

Asking price: $650 USD shipped to CONUS

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me either here or via email at kyleparsons2001@hotmail.com
Thanks for looking,
Kyle

mandrbeck
April 2nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
Kyle Don’t do it!!!!! That’s a great price for an amazing pen. I have the same one in medium nib and it’s one of my all-time favorites.

kyleparsons4842
April 2nd, 2018, 02:00 PM
I really don't want to, but I don't use it as much as I used to and no one wants to trade for a finer nib :(

kyleparsons4842
April 2nd, 2018, 02:01 PM
I use more fines now than I used to

Jon Szanto
April 2nd, 2018, 02:04 PM
Dude, hang on to it - just send it to one of the better nib people and have them narrow it down to your specs.

Dhruv
April 2nd, 2018, 02:50 PM
Dude, hang on to it - just send it to one of the better nib people and have them narrow it down to your specs.

Hi,

I would recommend against this.
While a bit of grinding is fine, like B to something between M and B, but drastic grinding from B to F doesn't make for a very good work. I once asked a Japanese nibmeister and hakase (for my pen) to grind a B to F, both advised me against it as it isn't very good for the nib.

kyleparsons4842
April 2nd, 2018, 03:02 PM
I bet it would make a great italic! Unfortunately bills need paying so this one is flying away to a new home for some lucky buyer

Jon Szanto
April 2nd, 2018, 03:20 PM
Ok, the move makes $en$e and you can't argue with that. I have overlooked the more extreme nature of the B --> F grind, so I'll take that as a learning for me. Best of luck on the sale, great pen!

aj_ay
April 2nd, 2018, 06:19 PM
PM sent.

nishant
April 2nd, 2018, 08:10 PM
I ll take it. PM Sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk