PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Pelikan 400 14k D.O.M. oblique vintage nib, feed and collar unit

FredRydr
April 4th, 2018, 07:17 AM
SOLD: A vintage Pelikan nib, feed and collar unit. 14k, embossed with that desirable Pelikan script. Rare oblique tip embossed "D.O.M." that came from a Pelikan 400. D = Durchschreib; O = Oblique; M = Medium. I had this put together by Rick Propas two years ago for a modern M101N that I've since sold.

This will fit a very wide range of vintage and modern Pelikan fountain pens. (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/18087-Vintage-nib-into-M101N-section)

$95$85 including shipping to anywhere served by the USPS. More elsewhere (probably $10 for international first class). First PM that reads "I'll take the Pelikan nib" with your email and shipping name and address holds it pending prompt payment of Square invoice by credit or debit card. I'll send an invoice to you by email; it's easier than PayPal, and you don't need to set up an account.

It is embossed on the nib, as follows:

Pelikan
D O M
+

D = Durchschreib
O = Oblique
M = Medium

carlos.q
April 11th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Is the “DOM” inscribed in the nib? Could you post a writing sample?

Runnin_Ute
April 11th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Durchschreib translates to carbonless per Google translate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FredRydr
April 12th, 2018, 05:03 AM
Durchschreib translates to carbonless per Google translate.
Google doesn't understand idioms, which in this case durchschreib is making copies. Copies were made using carbon paper back in the day of fountain pens, hence the source of the idiom, though how Google changes it to carbonless is a stretch. Perhaps Google had translated it to Xeroxing and brought on the ire of a company jealous of its brand.

Pterodactylus
April 12th, 2018, 06:42 AM
These nibs are more rigid (to withstand the pressure making copies before ballpoints took over this job) than the regular ones.
And as said used to fill out forms creating several copies using carbon paper in one step.

Runnin_Ute
April 12th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Once I saw what Google said I understood it was a manifold nib. My Easterbrook LJ has a 2464: manifold broad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk