PDA

View Full Version : (Video) How it's made — Lamy fountain pens

catbert
April 5th, 2018, 10:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jf3lbhQR6I

carlos.q
April 6th, 2018, 05:46 AM
This looks like a very well made episode of the TV series "How it's made"!!! The only thing I missed was more information on the manufacture of the 2000.

catbert
April 6th, 2018, 06:48 AM
This looks like a very well made episode of the TV series "How it's made"!!! The only thing I missed was more information on the manufacture of the 2000.

Goulet said something in a recent Q&A about wanting to capture the feeling of the original How it's made.

Yes, I'd have liked to see more about the 2000 too.

SIR
April 6th, 2018, 02:55 PM
WOW!!

amk
April 6th, 2018, 03:47 PM
That's a marvellous video. I'm really impressed by the way Lamy's machines embody the company's aesthetic. And the machine for brushing the Lamy 2000s is sheer genius.

aaronp
May 3rd, 2018, 01:08 AM
German engineering. Peak efficiency. I would have never guessed that's a factory making fountain pens at all.

Gobblecup
May 3rd, 2018, 08:50 AM
This is a great video, made me wanna buy a 2000, and even a pink al-star too! Next time I get over the pond to Germany I definitely need to try and pay a visit to Lamy. The exterior of the building looks more like a modern art museum than a fountain pen factory, I agree with you there aaronp! Brian Goulet did a fantastic job making this video professional and informative. While it would have been nice to see even more, I appreciated what we did see.

aaronp
May 3rd, 2018, 07:43 PM
It is surprising we got to see as much as we did. Normally, company are very secretive about their manufacturing process. On the rare occasion we do, it is usually just some insignificant process.