PDA

View Full Version : Email alerts

carlc
May 7th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Is there any way to set the email alerts for watched/replied to threads to more than one between visits? I missed a post by someone the other day (directed at me) because it came after another post in the same thread and I didn't get the email alert - luckily I went back to view the thread anyway. Also I didn't receive a PM alert until after I'd logged in - and then the email came through to my account.

I'm not grumbling but it would be nice - especially as the board grows.

Cheers,

carl

dannzeman
May 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM
vBulletin doesn't allow for email notifications of every email. I wish it did. I'm currently looking for a plugin to notify the user when they're quoted in a post as I think that would be helpful.

As far as receiving an email notification of a PM after you logged in, you may have just logged in before the board processed the batch. To help reduce strain on the server emails aren't sent instantly, but rather processed in batches.

KrazyIvan
May 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
vBulletin doesn't allow for email notifications of every email. I wish it did. I'm currently looking for a plugin to notify the user when their quoted in a post as I think that would be helpful.

That would be really useful.