PDA

View Full Version : My dog is horrible (but cute)

tandaina
May 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM
OK, those from FPN may know I'm an Episcopal priest. I have a nice red leather shoulder bag that I use for work, carries everything from my iPad to books, to my oil stock (one of these (http://www.almy.com/Product1/zc0006435)) that is used for anointing of sick or dying (well anyone really, but that's generally how it is used). So a couple weeks ago our wiener dog (18 pounds of pure BADNESS) pulled it off the kitchen table :jaw: (no, I have no idea how, he's 6" off the ground!) and spread the contents all over. He narrowly escaped death because he put holes in my leather pen carry, but it did its job and protected the pens...

But that oil stock. The heavy silver thing that is a solid LUMP? That has VANISHED. We cannot find it ANYWHERE. Husband and I have turned the house upside down with a flashlight. Nothing. No way he ate it, I mean, right? I'm pulling my hair out.

So if you were a really dumb wiener dog, the sort who normally "hides" bones on the stairs.. Where would YOU hide an oil stock? Seriously, my life is weird. (Sorry I can't anoint you, my dog ate my oil stock.)

(This ends a totally ridiculous post, feel free to add YOUR weekly ridiculousness.)

(Note: mine is the cheapest of those and was a gift, I couldn't afford any of them. Sigh.)

Laura N
May 7th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Whoa. I have a horrible but cute dog as well, and he eats everything he can. "Everything" here includes but is not limited to a Pilot Prera, a bag of ink samples and my husband's razor. Yet, looking at your link, even he, a 48 pound lab-beagle mix, could not eat that oil stock.

In my experience, the best way to find anything you've lost is to buy a replacement. Then it will turn up in short order. :)

fountainpenkid
May 7th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Well our 7 dogs are all over a year of age and no longer chew, but when Lug and Smartsies (yes...the names are...not mine!) were little, they chewed my already broken Pelikan m400. Chartpack thought it was cute. They now no longer chew pens, because they find that they're pretty hard to be satisfying!

tandaina
May 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
But the PEN I could buy for the same price! I mean, I could get the Polar Lights Pelikan I want for the plain silver stock!!! ;)

fountainpenkid
May 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Whoa. I have a horrible but cute dog as well, and he eats everything he can. "Everything" here includes but is not limited to a Pilot Prera, a bag of ink samples and my husband's razor. Yet, looking at your link, even he, a 48 pound lab-beagle mix, could not eat that oil stock.

In my experience, the best way to find anything you've lost is to buy a replacement. Then it will turn up in short order. :)
Oh yess...when a razor fell Lug would immediately chew it up hidden under our 1920's bathtub...Lug is pictured in my avatar by the way.

Laura N
May 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
But the PEN I could buy for the same price! I mean, I could get the Polar Lights Pelikan I want for the plain silver stock!!! ;)

Yes, but that plain silver stock sounds like it does very important work. Also, tax deductible? :)

geoduc
May 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Behind a door?

Years ago my wife left her wedding ring and a ruby ring on the windowsill behind the kitchen sink. We had cats. The next morning, the rings were gone. We found one right away on the kitchen floor, but the ruby ring was a goner. We finally discovered it a couple of days later behind the door in the downstairs laundry room. Apparently one of the cats had used it for a play toy, batted it down the stairs, and finally lost it under the door.

tandaina
May 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
This wouldn't go under a door, too big. I fear we'll have to pack up and move before it appears.

We've found all sorts of interesting things in the process of looking. 😉

Annie
May 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Have you checked the bin, behind the fridge? I have two monster cats. One of them is only 4 months old (and if he carries on as he is, he may not get too much older...) His current fad is the screw caps from milk cartons. You can be mindlessly making tea and the little $*&! sneaks up, steals it and rushes off to bury it. He also likes stealing smelly socks from the laundry and burying them behind the sofa. Just as well he's cute (in an odd way.) Hope you find your oil stock.

Sailor Kenshin
May 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Does Doggy have access to the back yard? If so, look for signs of recent digging.

How big is this object? Would it be able to 'hide in plain sight?'

Have you asked St. Anthony for help?

My kittehs used to like batting things under sofas that seemingly did NOT have any clearance between carpet and sofa. But there are still a few things we've never found, including a yo-yo that they thought was a mortal enemy.

Hope you find it!

tandaina
May 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Dachshunds aren't actually capable of "batting" anything, given how their short little legs are attached. ;) Normally he just sets stuff down BEHIND things. Behind a chair, under a table, etc. Still nothing.

It isn't THAT small, but if he didn't chew it out of the bag then its in a dark brown suede bag which probably makes it harder to see. Still haven't found it, here's hoping.