PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTS: Pen BBS 349 in Blue Yellow Chip Acrylic Fine Steel Nib

DavidtheGnome
April 30th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Catch and release:

Rare newer model 349, very hard to find especially in this color. Inked once with a different nib unit. I have since put a new nib unit into the pen, so the nib unit on this pen is now new. The 349 is the redesign of the 308.

Steel nib - fine point
Comes with ink converter, pen kimono and box.

$45 shipped in USA (yes I know its more expensive than some of the clear models, I am the second owner and may have overpaid, the market will see...)

katherine
April 30th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Beautiful pen, and good luck with sale!

Out of curiosity, do the nibs that come with these pens fit other brands that take #6? And does one pull the nib, or does the unit match Jowo or Bock housing?

mmd
April 30th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Beautiful pen, and good luck with sale!

Out of curiosity, do the nibs that come with these pens fit other brands that take #6? And does one pull the nib, or does the unit match Jowo or Bock housing?

No. It's slightly shorter than standard #6.

DavidtheGnome
April 30th, 2018, 05:42 PM
thanks, as far as I can tell there would not be an issue installing the upturned nibs that PenBBS supplies in another pen since they accept other #6 nibs. it might require some tinkering because the #6 nibs from PenBBS are a few MM shorter than JOWO nibs. The penbbs nib unit screws out but it is not JOWO/BOCK thread compatible.

mmd
April 30th, 2018, 05:56 PM
I would not recommend swapping the Penbbs nib with standard #6 nibs.

If you put the Penbbs nib into a standard #6 feed, because the Penbbs nib is shorter and thinner, it will not be pushed all the way into the housing and it will not sit as securely as a standard #6 nib. Depending on the particular housing, it might be a bigger or smaller problem.

If you try to swap in a standard #6 nib into a Penbbs pen, the longer nib is only "partially" supported by the feed, which normally is not a big problem. However, the room in the cap is made to accommodate a shorter nib, so you might have problem capping the pen, again, depending on particular Penbbs model. And of course, a standard Jowo nib is thicker so you might have to force it a little bit.

The penbbs nib units are very affordable and widely available so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

DavidtheGnome
May 1st, 2018, 12:53 PM
price reduced to $45 shipped