PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Pelikan 400 "Tortoise"

Empty_of_Clouds
May 3rd, 2018, 09:52 PM
I am going to regret selling this, but as I am a user and not a collector (and it's not getting used) a hard decision is made.

This is a vintage Pelikan 400 with an attractive tortoise colour binde.

It is fitted with a solid gold BB nib (the blind cap is also imprinted with BB, so it is likely the original nib).

Condition is overall very good. There is some brassing at the cap lip and the edges of the clip - as is expected due to its age and use. Slight staining inside the barrel, but really only noticeable when empty and held up to strong sunlight.

The pen draws up water and functions as expected.

Price: USD $365 PRICE REDUCTION FOR LIMITED TIME NOW $285 including regular shipping. Insured shipping will cost more.

PM for payment details. PayPal only.

https://i.imgur.com/6n2FCaVl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yTbr5Vjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mVjZz8Nl.jpg

Note: to those who wish to be the Price Police. A standard green striped vintage 400N or 400NN with a regular fine nib will cost $300 or more from a reputable dealer. It may be possible to get one cheaper on the Bay by taking a risk. This pen came to me and has been used only two or three times, and I am not an abuser of pens. As the nib on this one is the much less common and more desirable stubby double broad I feel the price reflects this.

empliau
May 3rd, 2018, 11:37 PM
It looks beautiful. If I were looking for a pen like this, I'd want to see a writing sample, though.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 12th, 2018, 08:57 PM
So, it looks like the vintage BB stub solid gold nib is of no interest to anyone. Would have been negotiable.

Bold2013
May 12th, 2018, 09:14 PM
I would be interested but I only have trade offers.

empliau
May 12th, 2018, 10:08 PM
It's a pity I've spent my pen budget. A beautiful nib and a lovely writing sample. I would offer it again in a few months - someone out there is simply longing for this amazing pen, even if they haven't your calligraphy skills.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 12th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Doubt it.

My writing is crap. A poor approximation of italic.

empliau
May 12th, 2018, 10:26 PM
For heaven's sake, Eeyore, I'd buy it if I hadn't bought a pen a few weeks ago. I can't be the only one.

drlilviv
May 13th, 2018, 06:51 PM
That is a beautiful one. I hope you keep it for yourself... if not, let me think about it :)

Empty_of_Clouds
May 17th, 2018, 04:57 AM
BUMP

because everybody says I should.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 04:07 AM
Bumparoonie

Empty_of_Clouds
May 26th, 2018, 06:15 AM
Serious price reduction for the weekend only.

carlos.q
May 26th, 2018, 07:56 AM
This is a nice pen with a rare nib at a good price. If I were not saving my pennies for a grail pen I would have bought this today.

Good luck with the sale.

Joseph H
May 27th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Hi, PM'd you, Joseph

jmccarty3
May 27th, 2018, 01:23 PM
It's a beauty that I would definitely want if I didn't already have one. Hope it finds a home soon!