PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Sheaffer Legacy "fantasy"

Empty_of_Clouds
May 3rd, 2018, 10:03 PM
Okay, this is a Sheaffer Legacy pen with a replacement 'fantasy' body made from Teal Tempest acrylic by Jim Rouse of Franklin Christoph.

The nib is the famous Sheaffer inlay, and is a fine width. The pen comes with a squeeze converter that can be removed and replaced with a cartridge if the owner so wishes. The converter has some inner staining, much like you would see on a Parker 51 aerometric.

I am the only owner since new, and haven't used this one much beyond two fills. Very, very minor signs of use.

Comes in a Franklin Christoph hard case.

Brand new this pen can be bought for $220 plus shipping from a single eBay seller, or at a certain pen shows. However, the chances of finding one in this beautiful swirling colour, reminiscent of a Van Gogh sky, is slim.

Asking price is: SOLD

https://i.imgur.com/UVehmW0l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OFyWYeSl.jpg

PM for payment details. PayPal only.

VertOlive
May 5th, 2018, 03:31 PM
My all time favorite "look" for a nib. This is a great pen and a fair price.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 12th, 2018, 08:55 PM
Over 200 views and not even an offer? I guess the Legacy is not a popular pen.

stub
May 12th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Withdrawn from sale.

Posted for sale on May 4th. Why are you withdrawing it? I see you do stuff like this before. It is baffling.

Sometimes stuff takes a few weeks to sell. Why not bump it once a week and just be a little bit patient?

Empty_of_Clouds
May 12th, 2018, 10:11 PM
I don't like bumping when others do it, I won't do it myself. Guess I'm just a crap salesperson.

In general things that don't sell in the first week of being offered tend not to sell at all. At least that's how it looks to me.

stub
May 12th, 2018, 10:44 PM
That's a really nice pen and that seems like a really fair price. I think if you bumped it once a week it would eventually sell but that's just my guess.

When I post things for sale here which I do frequently, I bump weekly. I don't think that is unreasonable. Ymmv.

Woody
May 13th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Love that barrel. Looks so good on that pen. I'm a medium nib myself but that set up is striking.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 17th, 2018, 04:58 AM
BUMP

because everybody says I should.

RocketRyan
May 17th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Shame I hate teal because that's a good price.

VertOlive
May 17th, 2018, 12:31 PM
EoC, it sometimes takes awhile for a pen' s next owner to show up. I'd assumed you'd sold this one but your bump lets everyone know it's still available.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 04:06 AM
Bump in the night

Empty_of_Clouds
May 30th, 2018, 01:56 PM
SOLD!