PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Vintage Parker Duofold (user grade)

stub
May 17th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Howdy pen people~

I am not sure where this will end up but my queries here have met with some success so here it goes.

I am looking for a Parker Duofold in one of the larger sizes with an everyday nib (M or generous F). I have one Duofold and I love it but it is a large stub nib and hard to use without keeping your eye on the nib. It is the pen I would maybe grab for if sending out cards or invitations but not a good everyday note taker (I am an academic), for that I prefer a round "boring" M nib, which is what I am looking for here.

I am more of a Sheaffer person so don’t have a great handle on the sizes the one Duofold I do have is said to be a Streamlined Sr (Danish & ebonite) and is excellent in the hand. I seen Juniors, Juniorettes & Ladies all the time for nice prices but I am unsure just how small these are but they do look like they would be much too small for what I am seeking. Looking for something for "distance" note taking and writing. Comfortable and boring with good steady ink flow.

Open to Permanite but some preference for ebonite.

In short a M nib Duofold in a full size, user grade. Love the red. Open to other colors. Love the ebonite but open to plastic.

So on the off chance someone has one they would like to re-home, I am interested. I will use it so I am not looking for anything collectable here. If the imprint is worn and there is a bunch of brassing but the pen writes like a champ, that is the ticket.

Thanks