PDA

View Full Version : Very concerned

Linkinyeah
May 17th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Anyone had experience with Jim Powers at powerspenco.com? I met him at the Little Rock pen show and gave him a pen to repair. He came recommend from Danny Fudge at thewritepen.net. Danny couldn't do the work on the Sheaffer plunger. He has not yet returned my pen or contacted me. I have emailed him and sent him messages on Facebook. I can't find a phone number for him. Any thoughts, Little Rock was in the middle of March.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

penwash
May 17th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Maybe contact Danny and ask for his phone number?

I am not familiar with the name.

Linkinyeah
May 18th, 2018, 04:46 AM
Thanks, I have sent an email to Danny this week, but have yet to hear back from him.

Linkinyeah
May 20th, 2018, 02:09 AM
Jeff got in contact with me today. His life has been very crazy as of late and hopefully steps have been taken to get a favorable outcome to this ordeal.

Wuddus
May 20th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Good to hear. I generally don't mind people being behind schedule, so long as they keep me informed. Running late and not staying in touch is always frustrating.

penwash
May 20th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Jeff got in contact with me today. His life has been very crazy as of late and hopefully steps have been taken to get a favorable outcome to this ordeal.

This is very understandable and what most people in the FP community don't realize (or for some, don't care) is that for us who restore vintage pens, we wish that servicing pens could sustain a living, but save for very few who do this after a successful career (not related to pens), this is a side-job that is very influenced by the real life.

FredRydr
May 20th, 2018, 10:41 AM
This is very understandable....
Except for the lack of communication part.