PDA

View Full Version : Tuckaway sac size?

gforce
May 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM
I want to replace the sac on a Sheaffer Tuckaway FP. The sac appears shorter than the usual touch down. It seems also to be a touch down type filler, but with a short stroke down, is this correct? What # sac type should I order? Thanks.

gweddig
May 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
I think I typically use a #15 if it's the TM type. Look here. (http://www.richardspens.com/?rep=sacs)

--greg

HughC
May 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
17.5 is correct, 17 will also do the job.

Regards
Hugh

Edit to add: PFMs, first model TDs and Tuckies take 17s, all other TDs take 15 and snorkel takes a 14. You might also need to replace the o ring in the end of the barrel, again the larger size is needed.

79spitfire
May 9th, 2013, 09:48 PM
17.5 is correct, 17 will also do the job.

Regards
Hugh

Edit to add: PFMs, first model TDs and Tuckies take 17s, all other TDs take 15 and snorkel takes a 14. You might also need to replace the o ring in the end of the barrel, again the larger size is needed.

This has been my experience as well. Interesting how many Touchdown Tuckies turn up when they were only listed in the catalog for 1 year!

(I was disappointed when I thought I had found something special, and it turned out everyone had scads of them! Still a great pen thought!)