PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Nakaya Portable Cigar Blue Ascending Dragon (BB)

zaddick
May 24th, 2018, 11:19 AM
For sale is my lightly used Nakaya Ascending Dragon Portable Citgar in Ao tamenuri (blue) with a rhodium plated BB nib. (Note, this is not the long portable version.) The pen has a lovely color and has not “ascended” much yet. This is not a new pen so there light surface marks. The worst is one shallow scratch near the dragon design (but not on it) that is noticeable when light reflects upon it. I am including a zoomed in image of the issue which could be missed on first inspection. The other aspect that is atypical is that the design of the dragon on the body faces down (towards the paper) when writing. I personally like it this way as it makes it less flashy to use in the office, but it is the opposite of most of the dragons I have handled. (I think the nib could be pulled and reset, but will not do so myself.) The pen writes well and the converter is working without issue. The pen will not come with box or papers but will be very safely packaged.

Last I looked retail on a similar pen is $1550 plus shipping and maybe tax. If you order one new you will not be sure what color/version of blue you will get. (Too much variation in the color of blue vs green was why they stopped making Ao a few years ago for regular pens). I am happy to provide as many photos as you like.

I am asking $1400 shipped within the US with insurance. International or other extra services will add to the cost.

Questions are welcomed but do not hold the pen. The first firm commitment of money will take it. Please message with questions or interest.