PDA

View Full Version : FPN grey out

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 04:05 PM
What just happened to FPN? There is a notice about the GDPR cookie but no obvious way to accept it. Anybody else getting this?

Edit: sorted.

catbert
May 24th, 2018, 04:16 PM
I get a banner about it but otherwise the site works as usual.

Edit: didn't see your edit. :)

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Yeah, it was momentary for me. I thought it was because I have cookies and ads disabled on my browser for this site, but it's all back to normal now.

countrydirt
May 24th, 2018, 06:14 PM
It says "...by continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy." I've been getting emails all day about this new policy on various sites and from various publications.

catbert
May 24th, 2018, 06:21 PM
It says "...by continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy." I've been getting emails all day about this new policy on various sites and from various publications.

There have been some amusing responses: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/24/last-minute-frenzy-of-gdpr-emails-unleashes-torrent-of-spam-and-memes

Wuddus
May 24th, 2018, 07:03 PM

There have been some amusing responses: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/may/24/last-minute-frenzy-of-gdpr-emails-unleashes-torrent-of-spam-and-memes

Not far enough in my book.

The data leeching behaviour of IT companies should be next. Choose which advert you want me to ignore based on what's on the page being viewed, NOT the data on my device.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 07:05 PM

That's what I saw, but it has no effect on me because I only access the site as a member of public, so no information from my side.

Farmboy
May 24th, 2018, 09:09 PM
You don’t need to be logged in for a website to read your cashe and browser history.

Empty_of_Clouds
May 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM
I know, but it makes no difference. The site is publicly accessible as read-only.

Runnin_Ute
May 24th, 2018, 09:54 PM
The GDPR thing is fully effective May 25 2018, which is why various sites have been providing information on it. Yes even US sites, if they have a global presence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chrissy
May 24th, 2018, 10:54 PM
You should consider yourself very fortunate indeed. :) Here in the UK we've been getting them for about a month. :stop::angry: