PDA

View Full Version : Picked up this beauty

Spideysgirl
May 26th, 2018, 10:32 AM
I picked up this beauty from eBay and it came in the mail today. It's in pristine condition to scratches, chips, bite marks or anything. There is ink between the nib and feed so it's been inked maybe once. The sack is intact and lever functions perfectly. Plus it has the box, too! It spent it's days in the box likely in a desk drawer.
I feel like I got it for a bargain price as I was the only bidder. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180526/2b3c187bd7744db9b1e430bddc91c00d.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

SIR
May 26th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Well done!

;)

Although, I didn't ask what you paid...

Jon Szanto
May 26th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good snag! I would be careful and try filling it with water: even though it might be ok at first and hasn't become brittle, those sacs do age and it could crack and leak. If it *really* seems soft and holds water ok, you can try it, but I usually just re-sac these no matter what. Probably the easiest pen to restore (put a new sac in) in the universe.

Spideysgirl
May 26th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Good snag! I would be careful and try filling it with water: even though it might be ok at first and hasn't become brittle, those sacs do age and it could crack and leak. If it *really* seems soft and holds water ok, you can try it, but I usually just re-sac these no matter what. Probably the easiest pen to restore (put a new sac in) in the universe.I was planning on re saccing it anyway. I was thinking for it's age a new sac is probably in order.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Jon Szanto
May 26th, 2018, 11:37 AM
I was planning on re saccing it anyway. I was thinking for it's age a new sac is probably in order.

Good, that's the way to go.

azkid
May 26th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Great find! I have quickly come to love those pens for many reasons... but they reproduced faster than tribbles. :D

Two of the ones I got needed sacs. Thankfully it is relatively easy to do so I got it right the first time. Sounds like you've already been there done that a few times. Cool.

Enjoyand eager to hear more once you use it.

welch
June 2nd, 2018, 01:19 PM
Congratulations! And what was the price?

Yes, it is safest to re-sac the pen, but, just for fun, try filling with water. Esterbrook is said to have had some special magic they applied to their sacs. Does this still hold water? When you repplace it, you might find a yellow sac with a white "Esterbrook" label.

Cyril
March 30th, 2019, 07:56 AM
I got one pen and I am not very impressed with it and it need a new sac etc. etc.
, but I like the Easterbrook nib it writs with a slight feed back and that is what I want wirh all of my pens. I love scrachy nibs and i want them to sing with my writing.
I want to get to know about this pen. I guess All the esterbrook dip pen nibs are well known and I have few of them.

fountainpagan
March 30th, 2019, 12:03 PM
A real beauty.

They are great these Esterbrooks.