PDA

View Full Version : My favorite sketching pen, the old Sheaffer Balance, was used for this sketch.

Cathy Johnson (Kate)
May 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM

I love the lively, thick-and-thin lines!

We spent an overnight in the Hotel Frederick in Boonville, MO, recently converted into a European style boutique hotel but without losing any of its 19th C. charm. This was the view out our window the next morning, looking out over the Missouri River and early spring.

jor412
May 10th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Wow. This is beautiful. Thank you for posting. I enjoy the simplicity of pen & ink; I also enjoy mixed media. I hope to see more of your work here :)

Laura N
May 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Neat! Thanks for sharing this.

ethernautrix
May 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
If you, Kate, are going to post drawings in this thread, I want to subscribe to it. How do I do that?

Marsilius
May 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Nice drawing. Feels like you can tell the temperature somehow.

jacksterp
May 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM
For me, that drawing evokes a lot of emotions.

Thanks very much Kate!

jor412
May 10th, 2013, 08:33 PM
If you, Kate, are going to post drawings in this thread, I want to subscribe to it. How do I do that?

Near the top of the page, where the thread starts, there's a dropdown menu under "thread tools". One of the options lets you subscribe. :)

Cathy Johnson (Kate)
May 11th, 2013, 07:14 AM
If you, Kate, are going to post drawings in this thread, I want to subscribe to it. How do I do that? Oh, I hope someone else answers you, because I'm new here! I THINK if you scroll down from the pane you're answering in, you'll find a subscribe box, and you can choose to have alerts sent here or to your email, but I could be wrong...

ethernautrix
May 13th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Subscribed! (Thanks, jor.) Katie, please add more drawings. :-)

Cathy Johnson (Kate)
May 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Subscribed! (Thanks, jor.) Katie, please add more drawings. :-)

Cool! And I'm sure I will, I love sketching with fountain pens.