PDA

View Full Version : Trump vs Kim... pens.

Empty_of_Clouds
June 11th, 2018, 11:46 PM
Just been watching the press rodeo over in Singers. Is it true that Trumpty Dumpty always signs documents with a sharpie? I note that Kim eschewed the "Donald Trump" engraved sharpie in favour of his own ballpoint (by the looks of it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XE8O4z2iFE

carlos.q
June 12th, 2018, 05:07 AM
In one of the videos it seems Kim uses a Parker rollerball.

Pterodactylus
June 12th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Just been watching the press rodeo over in Singers. Is it true that Trumpty Dumpty always signs documents with a sharpie? I note that Kim eschewed the "Donald Trump" engraved sharpie in favour of his own ballpoint (by the looks of it).

Personally I‘m surprised that Trumpty Dumpty can even write his name by himself, no matter which writing device somebody gave him.

The other question would be can he read?
Or is he always depending on videos his minions provided him in advance to brief him (with very limited success as we can see always when he talks in public, admitting that these guys have a really really difficult task to break down everything into easy to understand elementary facts.... or alternative facts....or complete nonsense).

Dragonmaster Lou
June 12th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Just been watching the press rodeo over in Singers. Is it true that Trumpty Dumpty always signs documents with a sharpie?

I don't think he uses a sharpie, per se, but he does use a felt-tip pen for signing. I believe the current presidential pen is the Cross Century II, which does have a felt-tip (along with ballpoint, rollerball, and fountain pen options) version.

manoeuver
June 12th, 2018, 10:49 AM
In one of the videos it seems Kim uses a Parker rollerball. what are the odds it's a Chinese Parker knockoff?

SIR
June 12th, 2018, 12:48 PM
The Great Marshall Kim Jong-Un studied in Switzerland, so maybe he would appreciate a Caran d'Ache?

Coincidentally, Karandash (карандаш) is Russian for 'pencil' ;)

wingwiper
June 12th, 2018, 01:52 PM

Personally I‘m surprised that Trumpty Dumpty can even write his name by himself, no matter which writing device somebody gave him.

The other question would be can he read?
Or is he always depending on videos his minions provided him in advance to brief him (with very limited success as we can see always when he talks in public, admitting that these guys have a really really difficult task to break down everything into easy to understand elementary facts.... or alternative facts....or complete nonsense).

Really....................?

wingwiper
June 12th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Just been watching the press rodeo over in Singers. Is it true that Trumpty Dumpty always signs documents with a sharpie?

I don't think he uses a sharpie, per se, but he does use a felt-tip pen for signing. I believe the current presidential pen is the Cross Century II, which does have a felt-tip (along with ballpoint, rollerball, and fountain pen options) version.

right..............:big_boss:

welch
June 13th, 2018, 02:37 PM
I thought he, and President Obama, as well, used a Cross Townsend rollerball.

carlos.q
June 13th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Must be a Cross Century II with a 3B felt tip!

dfo
June 13th, 2018, 06:00 PM

It is a sharpie.

Dragonmaster Lou
June 14th, 2018, 08:49 AM

It is a sharpie.

Color me wrong then. He has used a felt tip Cross for signing some of his executive orders in the past, so that's probably why I assumed he'd be using it here as well.

dfo
June 14th, 2018, 09:03 AM
In the video, Trump's writing utensil at the summit is larger than a Cross Century II.

Empty_of_Clouds
June 14th, 2018, 12:16 PM
In the picture offered by dfo upthread it is obviously an urushi sharpie with maki-e art in gold on the barrel. :bounce:

carlos.q
June 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM
In the picture offered by dfo upthread it is obviously an urushi sharpie with maki-e art in gold on the barrel. :bounce:

And the gold inscription looks like his signature...

So now you can buy a Trumpy-sharpie as well as a Trumpy-bear!!!

Alchemist
June 14th, 2018, 02:20 PM
My pen is bigger than your pen, and it works.

Spideysgirl
June 17th, 2018, 09:39 AM
What pen each of them used is irrelevant.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Egatdagi
June 17th, 2018, 05:56 PM
What pen each of them used is irrelevant.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

True. This is a pen forum, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SIR
June 29th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I'd been thinking about getting a Trump pen - the Century II with a 'porous-point' refill... why not?