PDA

View Full Version : Chat? - A Tapatalk question

FredRydr
June 13th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Can anyone share what "Chat" messages are in a Tapatalk messages Inbox? Are they from vBulletin? Or strictly within Tapatalk?

Today, I looked at FPGeeks messages in Tapatalk, and I discovered in my Inbox two messages sent today marked "Chat" instead of "FPGeeks." Yet they are from a member of FPGeeks who is asking me about a pen I just posted for sale. I just checked my Inbox here in FPGeeks vBulletin, and there is nothing from this member. Furthermore, I looked up the member name and he hasn't been active since it was created in July 2017. The only people who looked at his profile since it was created are Eric the site owner, and me.

So, what is FPGeeks "Chat," and from whence does it come, as it appears as messages in Tapatalk?

top pen
June 14th, 2018, 05:01 AM
I think... it's the chatbox you see on the front page of the forum.

FredRydr
June 14th, 2018, 06:27 AM
I have that closed in vBulletin. Strange that chat produces messages only viewable in Tapatalk's consolidated groups Inbox, and neither vBulletin's FPGeeks Inbox nor Taptalk's FPGeeks Inbox.

gbryal
June 14th, 2018, 02:18 PM
I think Tapatalk has its own chats that are associated with forums, and don't really have anything to do with the actual forums.
I think.

azkid
June 14th, 2018, 04:48 PM
I think Tapatalk has its own chats that are associated with forums, and don't really have anything to do with the actual forums.
I think.One can send a message via PM or Tapatalk. Click on a username in a post, then click send message button, and you're given a choice of which method to send the message.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180614/331e636435ad1036bc325512a4429612.jpg

gbryal
June 14th, 2018, 06:27 PM
It's sort of weird, because I never use tapatalk, so it doesn't make sense to PM me there, but it doesn't really tell you that.
I see that it does tell you every other forum I use though. Creepy!