PDA

View Full Version : Reliable throwaway school pen -- Hauser INX

coase
June 20th, 2018, 11:59 PM
I'm in Moscow at the moment (work not football!) and didn't bring any of my nice fountain pens. But I found this really cheap German school pen that cost about $2.50 each complete with 2 extra long international refills called the Hauser INX, Liquid Fountain Pen. I bought two of them as daily writers that I won't worry about losing or abusing.

And I must say that this is a pretty smooth, reliable writer that is on a finer side of a Western fine. It has a hooded nib that's rather rounded and therefore excellent for daily writing. No character, etc. but totally unfussy.

I guess they're not sold Stateside or at least nowhere that I've seen and they sell for a bit more on Ebay unless you buy ten at a time. But just something to watch out for those addicted to buying cheap pens anywhere they go.

Here's an ad from Ebay from an Indian seller. I suppose most of the price is due to shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hauser-INX-Liquid-Fountain-Pen-Round-Nib-Refill-able-Blue-Ink-1-Pen/123114529477?hash=item1caa32a2c5:g:DucAAOSwaOVa7DI m

Rapidray
June 21st, 2018, 06:33 AM
Well that's kinda interesting. I would have picked up a couple also!