PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's Konrad, Sheaffer Balance, NOS Sheaffer No-Nonsense w/ 3 Stub Nibs

dsolmei
May 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hi Folks,

I have several pens for sale (see photos at end of thread):

1. Noodler's Konrad -- $12 OBO:
California tortoise resin, piston filler, flexible nib. I hardly use this pen, so I'd like to find it a new home. I've inked it a few times and its been fully cleaned between uses. I'll send a tube of silicone grease with it. If you don't like the flex nib, you can always replace it with a #6 from Goulet Pens or Knox.

2. Sheaffer No-Nonsense w/ 3 Stub Nibs in Original Calligraphy Set (NOS) -- $25 OBO:
I have a shrink-wrapped, Sheaffer No-Nonsense Calligraphy set likely from the 80s. It comes with a black, semi-transparent No-Nonsense fountain pen (the color of the material is very similar to the TWSBI 540 smoke demonstrators); fine (0.03" ~ 0.77 mm), medium (0.05" ~ 1.27 mm), and broad (0.07" ~ 1.77 mm) cursive italic nibs; 20 Skrip ink cartridges that can be emptied and refilled with the ink of your choice; and a bunch of calligraphy-related goodies. Of note, the pen is an old-style No-Nonsense with the plastic section and not one of the new-style versions with the rubber grips. I've had one of these pens in the past, and I like these italic nibs far better than those on the Plumix and 78G. I haven't used any Lamy or TWSBI italic nibs, so I cannot make a comparison to them.

3. Sheaffer Balance, Vacuum/Plunger Filler -- $20 OBO:
Green striated. Between the striations the barrel is clear (similar to the striations on the Pelikan Souveran series). There is no ambering of the barrel and you can very easily see through the other side of the pen (very hard to photograph). It has a gold (14 K, I think) #3 Sheaffer nib with good tipping and well aligned tines. There are no cracks in the barrel or section, but there are one or two hairlines at the bottom of the cap that are 1-2 mm long. There are two very small spots of brassing on the clip, but otherwise the gold plated hardware of the clip and cap band are intact and lustrous. The filler does not work on this pen and it will need restoration (a $30-40 job), otherwise no other repair work is needed. This is a very nice example of a Sheaffer Balance, but I do not have the funds to repair the filler. If you factor in the cost of repair, you can have an awesome Balance for $50-60 total -- this is a steal!

BONUS: Each pen will be shipped with a couple of ink samples -- I've got a wide variety for your choosing.

CONUS or Canada only please! All prices include shipping. However, shipping to Canada will cost $5 extra. Payment by PayPal only -- I will provide information for payment after interest has been expressed. The item will be shipped via USPS within a week of the PayPal payment being cleared. Thanks for looking.

nagod
May 11th, 2013, 06:10 PM
you have mail

dsolmei
May 11th, 2013, 07:53 PM
UPDATE:
The Konrad is sold. The Sheaffer No-Nonsense calligraphy set and the Sheaffer Balance remain to be sold.

Thanks for looking, Folks.