PDA

View Full Version : Great time with Vasco

Marsilius
July 3rd, 2018, 02:38 AM
I had a fantastic trip to Cascais, Portugal, made even better by meeting with Vasco (piscov). He met me in his car, took me to Cabo da Roca, the western-most spot in Europe and we enjoyed a nice lunch together. Then he showed me some pens, (sold me one), and fixed two of mine that needed repairs. I lovely leisurely afternoon in Portugal. He did great work, and was a great representative of Portuguese generosity. Check out his stuff at "Pena Lusa by Piscov (https://www.penalusa.com)". Muito obrigado, Vasco! I returned with nice pens and a pleasant sense of saudade.

penwash
July 3rd, 2018, 11:51 AM
Vasco sold me my favorite pen (to-date), a Montblanc 344G. A great and very friendly seller with a lot of nice pens.
I'd love to meet him if I ever travel to Portugal. :)

carlos.q
July 3rd, 2018, 01:09 PM
.... A great and very friendly seller with a lot of nice pens.
I'd love to meet him if I ever travel to Portugal. :)

Vasco is a true gentleman. Sadly I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to travel to Portugal and meet him in person.

piscov
July 5th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Dear Adam, Carlos and Will,

Since long I found out that the best thing pen collecting has brought to my life was the opportunity to meet gentle, interesting, cult and pleaseant persons around the world.

Adam, it was a real honor to meet and spend time with you, to discuss pens, politics, cultures and show you a bit of my country. It was a perfect day and I am honored you accepted my invitation to visit Cabo da Roca and Colares. I hope you have enjoyed it! Thank you for the lunch!
Do consider returning in your sabatical :) We have a lot to see here and the to visit includingn the Mafra Convent where the 1600's Library and the Carrillon concerts are a must see and hear program!

Carlos and Will, I would be very happy if you contact me if you ever get the chance to visit Lisbon. I will be honored to show you a bit of my country and Portuguese culture. You are part of the nicest, gentle and interesting persons I've dealt over the years in this hobby! Thank you for that!

Thank you all for your very kind words and I hope to have the honor to receive you in my country, or to have a beer with you if I ever have the chance to visit US in the future!!

All the best and please keep in touch!!

Vasco from Sunny Lisbon

Marsilius
July 5th, 2018, 06:51 PM
And before long, half of fpg will be living with Vasco!

piscov
July 8th, 2018, 10:08 AM
And before long, half of fpg will be living with Vasco!

Just come an visit when you want! I'm here now on vacations for a few days. 200Km south of Lisbon though!

https://i.imgur.com/bki8Jgb.jpg

No Pens the next 10 days :) but I can promisse great weather, calm waters (not so warm this year) a few beers and lots of pen talk!