PDA

View Full Version : Chaos....

skweegee
May 12th, 2013, 08:38 AM
The name of this pen evokes the multitude of feelings towards it in the pen community. After the great responses from my initial question "should I ink it"....I did. I use it regularly and it serves to start many conversations that lead to FP collecting in general. I now look at this pen as an "ambassador" to the un initiated.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/skweegeetm/Pens/DSCF0080_zps9b0bd61b.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/skweegeetm/Pens/DSCF0079_zpsb5bb4d25.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/skweegeetm/Pens/DSCF0078_zpsa5e77e8a.jpg

Laura N
May 12th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Great pictures!

I love that so many people ask about it when you use it.

What is is like to use? Is it heavy? Is it comfortable in the hand?

skweegee
May 12th, 2013, 10:53 AM
It is very heavy and writes like a dream possibly because it's weight requires no extra pressure on the paper. In my hand I find it more comfortable to leave the cap off since it is very large and becomes " top heavy" with the cap on.

GourmetPens
May 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
It is very heavy and writes like a dream possibly because it's weight requires no extra pressure on the paper. In my hand I find it more comfortable to leave the cap off since it is very large and becomes " top heavy" with the cap on.

I can imagine! I love that it piques the curiosity of others - maybe you'll create another fountain pen geek :)

fountainpenkid
May 12th, 2013, 11:06 AM

I can imagine! I love that it piques the curiosity of others - maybe you'll create another fountain pen geek :)

It is probably not advised to mention the price of the Chaos though. Great to hear it is getting people interested!

skweegee
May 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Well that depends on the company I'm with. Easy enough to look up, but I "traded" into it so I did pretty well. (I also collect watches and knives...they all seem to go together).

Jon Szanto
May 12th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Ha! I wondered if I'd ever 'know' someone who owned one, much less used it. Since it's first announcement, I've always considered it "The World's Most Hideous Pen", in a somewhat bemused way. I'm glad that it somehow has found a solid place in your possession.

Just about 2 weeks ago I purchased what I consider the 'average person's' version of this, which I refer to as "The Pen of Unrepentant and Universal Hideuosity". It weighs a ton (well, 82g to be exact), which I *don't* consider a plus, and it writes half-way decently. That said, I never got it for the writing experience (that was a guess), but just for the crazed looks. The 'orb' at the top is loosely held, and you can shake the pen like a maraca. Even better, it acts a little like an opal, and there is a glowing line in it when light hits it. Put it in the right position, and you can get a whole "Eye of Sauron" effect!

Not bad fun for < $20. :)

skweegee
May 12th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I want one!! Where is it from...(my guess China or Taiwan).

Jon Szanto
May 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah, China. Do an eBay search on "Jinhao gray dragon", I think that should get you close. If you have a hard time, I'll look for a link.

skweegee
May 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, China. Do an eBay search on "Jinhao gray dragon", I think that should get you close. If you have a hard time, I'll look for a link.

Just ordered 3 different....!!!!

drgoretex
May 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
That is a very, very interesting pen. The word 'cheerful' definitely doesn't come to mind :)

Seriously, it's very cool. I love that it was designed by Sly Stallone :rockon:

Thanks for sharing cool pics!

Ken