PDA

View Full Version : Hi From C.T--I am already on FPN....

fountainpenkid
February 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone, I have been on Fountain Pen Network for some time now, and thought that this would be another interesting forum to join. I see that some other FPN members also have an account on here. This is great!

Thanks,

Will

Struthious
December 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Ah, Connecticut, home of the best German restaurant in the USA. Do you ever get to the Eastside?

fountainpenkid
December 18th, 2011, 05:31 PM
no--but i always see cheesy bilboards for it.....!

Struthious
December 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Don't let the billboards fool you, the food is great, the beer is great, the atmosphere is genuinely festive. Emphasis on genuine. It's a great slice of life, but not like a Hallmark card. Try it just once if you can.

bomgd3
December 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Interesting! I skipped a trip to that place last month because the prices were scary. I'll have to check it out sometime. I'm also a FPN member and from Hartford, CT. Do you go to Plimptons?

Struthious
December 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I'm not from CT and I don't actually get there often. What's Plimtons? Describe it?

bomgd3
December 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Plimptons is a little pen shop in West Hartford. They have a decent selection of Lamys, Pilots, Watermans, Pelikans, Montblancs, Viscontis, and a couple other brands. Most things they sell are retail price though, so I only buy cheaper pens from them since the online discount becomes hard to ignore for higher-end pens.

AndyLa
December 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I'm in ct a few times a month and usually make a trip to plimptons. I just look at the pens there, don't buy them. I usually go to pick up ink and paper (clairfontaine and Rhodia). My only issue with them is they only sell j herbin ink and twice I've gone and they haven't had the colors listed on their color swatch.

You guys know of any other pen stores or antique/pawn shops that have pens around the Hartford area? Would be cool to check out.

Kristian
January 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Do they serve Eis bein?

eriquito
January 16th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Or Schweinshaxe? :)

I'd even settle for a good Käsespätzle and a Colaweizen!

Yum!

Eric
Son of Ragnar