PDA

View Full Version : SOLD NOS Vintage OMAS Extra

Aurora
August 3rd, 2018, 01:40 PM
Available for sale is a NOS Vintage OMAS Extra, which I believe is made of black celluloid, fitted with a 18K B nib.

The pen was NOS, never inked, never dipped when I received it. I will admit having dipped it once, but never filled.

Considering its age, the pen is in excellent condition, with the typical micro stratches. One thing I was expecting is a stiff piston (and it is indeed, like most older OMAS pens). One thing however I was not expecting is a stiff cap. According to some other members, early OMAS celluloid models shrank ever so slightly, making the thread between cap and barrel feel stiff.

You will notice in one of the picture that there is a slight gap between the cap and barrel for that reason.

Despite this small cosmetic issue, the pen is in great condition and offered for $185 only , with shipping included within the US. (nibs alone cost more than that on some sites. In addition this model cost 150 euros over 20 years ago. Here is a chance to own an OMAS that has not seen an explosion in price) .

Thank you for looking.