PDA

View Full Version : Desk blotters

BikerBabe
May 14th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Hi guys.

Sunday I went to see this antiques-/flea market kinda shop near Roskilde, and I managed to find a couple of funny desk blotters.

First I found this file folder, a piece of A3 paper will fit snugly, and there's room for documents and drawings in one side, the other being a small desk blotter.

It'll work nicely for my drawings and writings. :)

Then I found another desk blotter, I think it's kind of unusual in the sense that it can be closed. I guess you can use the two top "lids" as blotters when writing things. I rather like it.

Front, closed:

Back - covered with green felt:

Open front - the blotter paper can be replaced on all three sides without problems:

The brand sticker - "Illums Bolighus" is one of the more posh places where you can buy danish design furniture, accessories and so on. I guess they had these desk blotters made at some point in time, and then sold them.

Tracy Lee
May 14th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I really like this! I would totally use it every day. I need to start keeping my eyes open.

Bogon07
May 14th, 2013, 08:12 PM
BikerBabe, nice blotter sets,more great finds. Your antiques-/flea market shops seem so interesting.
The ones here only have old clothes and old VHS tapes and crockery.

KrazyIvan
May 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Oh I like those.

jbb
May 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Nice finds!

cwent2
May 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Still say the flea markets in Denmark are sure better than the ones around here.

Just envy - or something

BikerBabe
May 17th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Hi again guys, and thank you for the kind comments. :)

Whenever I visit flea markets, I get to see tons of vhs tapes, old crockery and tons of other stuff like that too, and judging from the various tv shows - Antiques Roadshow, and all the others about finding old stuff - the various international flea and antiques markets aren't that different from the danish ones.
Take your time, keep a sharp eye out for the various pen and desk stuff, and - this is something I tend to forget (!): Don't be afraid to haggle.
Heheh I even had one of the flea market sellers tell me (- incredulously!) that I was doing it all wrong by just accepting the price she mentioned, and that I absolutely had to haggle! :D
So she proceeded by teaching me how to do that, and we agreed on a price that both of us liked. :D
The stuff I bought? The two glass inkwells with green soapstone lids that I have shown here. :)

Anyway, it isn't very often that I see desk blotters here, it's usually pens, rocker blotters, letter knives and inkwells/desk sets that I find, so I guess I was lucky in finding these two beauties. :)