PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTB Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy (orange)

comixfan
August 19th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Looking for a Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy with orange barrel. Willing to purchase just the barrel by itself, too. Any help hunting this down would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

comixfan
September 9th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Bump!

comixfan
December 28th, 2018, 09:10 PM
Bumpity bump bump

shierve
January 6th, 2019, 11:39 AM
I have been trying to track down this pen too, so far without success, good luck.

Voiren
January 6th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Damn, that's nice. Good luck with the search!

FredRydr
January 7th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Looking for a Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy with orange barrel....

Is a fantasy barrel squared off at the end like the Legacy, or round all the way to the end?

(Free bump. :) )

Jon Szanto
January 7th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Looking for a Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy with orange barrel....

Is a fantasy barrel squared off at the end like the Legacy, or round all the way to the end?

(Free bump. :) )

Jim made the ends rounded. I'm not saying he *never* did a square-ish end, but any I've ever seen in photos or handled in person (I looked at them at his table for a couple of years before buying mine) were always a nice rounded, tapered end. The very 'point' is a wee bit flattened, which might be a nod to the original.

VertOlive
January 8th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Mine is definitely flat at the tip. Purchased from Speerbob on eBay.

Jon Szanto
January 8th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Trying to pin this down a little further, here was Fred's initial question:

I don't have an actual factory Legacy to compare, and my skills with a phone cam are sketchy. That said, here's my Rouse "Fantasy" Legacy barrel next to a PFM III. What you can notice is that while they both have a flattened tip, the Legacy does not have the flattened facets on the side that the PFM does (to accomodate working the 'knob' for the Snorkel filling system. The photos online that I can see of the true Sheaffer Legacy pens don't show facets but it seems as though the end has even more flattening, though I wouldn't say so unless I had one in hand to compare. HTH

https://i.imgur.com/h2hNkIyh.jpg

comixfan
September 12th, 2019, 09:05 AM
It took me a year, but I finally scored my grail pen! Now to find a stub nib for it...