PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Bexley Owners Club 2006 set - Tibaldi Celluloid pens!

zaddick
August 22nd, 2018, 11:09 AM
UPDATE: The blue pens are both sold so now only the Brown pen remains.

For sale is a now hard to find set of Bexley Owner's Club pens from 2006. The pens use two of Tibaldi's most beautiful celluloid materials from the 1990s - the Impero (blue/grey) and Havana (brown/blue). The pens both use a vacumatic filling system using vintage Parker parts. This means there is a rubber bladder that will eventually need replacement with age, but both the pens are still filling today. (I will double check before finalizing a sale.) the pens have a nice taper towards the end so posting is easier. I would say they are proportioned more like vintage pens and i would consider them medium size by today's standard. They both have #6 size gold nibs.

I have the box and papers for each pen, although I think the brown box may not be 100% correct. But it is hard to say since Bexley used a lot of different boxes over the years. The pens are both in excellent but lightly used condition.

The blue pen had a medium nib and the brown a stub. I have some nib flexibility as I have a fair number of Bexley pens so I might be able to changes sizes. They are matching numbers (30/113) pens.

I am asking $500 each for the pens or $875 if you want both (to keep the set together). Prices include shipping to the US in a priority box. International shipping is feasible but will be more expensive.

I also have a second blue owner's club pen that has some issues. SOLD

Questions are welcomed but will not hold the pens for you. The first firm commitment will take it.

katherine
August 22nd, 2018, 12:34 PM
Can you post pictures of the blue "with issues"? Thank you! :D

zaddick
August 22nd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Here a photos of the pen with issues. The other pens shown above do not exhibit any of these flaws. Most of the issues are right at the top of the cap and then a little on the body and there might be a little on the blind cap that covers the plunger (missing photos if there is any). As noted, the pen is also not filling currently, but the last shot of it from farther away shows the flaws are not overly noticeable. Still they are there. i was sold the pen as new and discovered the flaws and was greatly disappointed. I don't want any future owner to feel the same.

zaddick
August 22nd, 2018, 01:28 PM
The pen with issues has a new home now. Thank you.

zaddick
September 14th, 2018, 03:46 PM
The remaining Tibaldi Impero pen is sold. The Havana brown is still available.

William
August 10th, 2019, 07:06 PM
The remaining Tibaldi Impero pen is sold. The Havana brown is still available.

I'm wondering if the Havana Brown is still available. As unlikely as that seems, I don't see that has sold!

zaddick
August 10th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Sorry. I traded it a while ago. I will update the thread.