PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pelikan 400 Nib

fountainpenkid
May 16th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Yeah...
if anyone has one to spare, I'll happily buy it from you. The only requirements are that the nib has tipping that is not damaged, the nib has some degree of flex, the nib has a feed and is properly set, and the nib has an imprint like this nib:
http://ulugtekin.com/a/pelikan/Pelikan_400-01.jpg
I will pay up to $65 (including shipping.)

Thanks!

Will

fountainpenkid
May 27th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Bump?

Playtime
May 29th, 2013, 09:11 AM
A vintage pelikan nib from a late 100N/early 400 with a correct feed will probably cost a little bit more than you are willing to pay. It's hard enough finding the feed, and of course the nib that you are hoping to acquire (one that spans from the 1940s to the early 1950s) commands a premium over say the logo nibs that immediately followed the inscribed nib.

Might be a little but more than you are willing to pay--but it is definitely worth it if you can afford it:)

Good luck!

tandaina
May 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I've got logo nibs coming out my ears. But I've only got ONE of the ones you're looking for. Wouldn't let it go for love nor money. They are not easy to find in good shape.

fountainpenkid
May 29th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Ugh. I know you guys are right about the price. :( Tandaina, I'll accept a logo nib if you're willing to sell one to me. Send me a P.M if so!

Thanks!@=

Playtime
May 29th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Logo nibs are excellent--had owned quite a few. I am sure you'll be happy.