PDA

View Full Version : Laban

Adhizen
May 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Over the last year I have aquired several Laban pens. I really like their quality. I work as an artist, designer and teacher so my pens need to stand up to working in the field... travel and general "roll-around-in-a-bag-abuse". Laban pens seem to hold up well and look "fresh" every time I put them out to use. Their nibs can be a bit stiff... not too much flex, yet write smoothy. The materials they use in the pens is good quality. The pens I have feel very solid and well put together. I resently purchased the large abalone shell fountain pen and its beautiful to look at and solid with out being too heavy.

I would be curious to hear others thoughts on these pens.

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Laban has caught my eye recently but I do not know to much about the brand. I would be curious to hear others thoughts also.

dannzeman
May 16th, 2013, 08:32 AM
The people who manage Laban is an interesting bunch. I spoke to them at the Ohio Show last year and when they found out I wasn't a retailer they weren't interested in sharing much info with me. Same goes for Taccia. It's unfortunate because I like a lot of the pens from both brands and would like to share them on the site, but they don't seem interested.

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM
The people who manage Laban is an interesting bunch. I spoke to them at the Ohio Show last year and when they found out I wasn't a retailer they weren't interested in sharing much info with me. Same goes for Taccia. It's unfortunate because I like a lot of the pens from both brands and would like to share them on the site, but they don't seem interested.

Well that's not encouraging. :(

Adhizen
May 16th, 2013, 08:56 AM
All I can find online about them is where to buy them. There doesn't appear to be an official Laban website.

Correction... there is an official site it just a picture catalogue very little information.