PDA

View Full Version : Hobbyist Seller/Trader Recommendation Thread

heraclitus682
May 16th, 2013, 09:29 AM
In light of some recent unpleasantness on a bunch of the fountain pen forums I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread of hobbyist traders/sellers that you would recommend to others. Sometimes it's difficult to see who the good guys are out there when you first start trading and buying from other hobbyists and perhaps looking at other's recommendations would be helpful. What do you all think?

Brian

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM
This is a bit helpful for just this forum but we have trader feedback. It is in your profile and you can see anyone's feedback.

heraclitus682
May 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Hmm...I did not know that. I will have to check that out.

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
It is worth mentioning that the "Leave feedback" link is in the sale thread under the OP's name. It is right next to the "Thank you" link. You can also leave feedback via someone's profile, just have the link to the sale/trade thread handy as it helps to link the feedback to the item traded/sold/purchased.

Laura N
May 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I like the thread idea. I didn't know the profile or feedback options, myself, and I'm not sure how widely known that is. But it seems to me more user-friendly and more searchable to do it in a thread. JMO.

KrazyIvan
May 16th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I like the profile idea as the feedback follows the person similar to eBay. Threads can get too cumbersome and you need someone to keep the thread pruned and kept current.

dannzeman
May 16th, 2013, 04:16 PM
That's also what the entire Market Feedback forum is for. I don't see a reason to have a single thread, it'd just get too messy.