PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Platinum Izumo Sora-Tame (very similar to Ao-Tamenuri) w/18k Fine Nib

mcmck
September 10th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I'm selling a mint condition Platinum Izumo Sora-tame. This pen comes with the president nib, which is two-tone-ish 18k in the fine size. It also has a gold clip. The sora-tame is a dark green finish. It reminds me of the long discontinued Ao-tame finish from Nakaya. Some have compared it to heki-tamenuri, but that is brown over green. This izumo is black over dark blue-green. hence, the ao-tame comparison. This pen has metal threads, but it is black not the gold; that is, it is a newer version of the izumo. The old one had gold metal threads. It comes with all original packing materials, including wooden box, outer white box, the new Platinum Kimono, and a converter. See pictures below, including a comparison shot with a heki-Tamenuri to show the difference. Asking price is $355, shipped. US and PayPal only.

mcmck
September 11th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Pictures are up. I’m including photos of the heki finish to show that the Izumo sora is more akin to the Ao-tame finish.

whichwatch
September 11th, 2018, 11:02 AM
That DOES look like the dear departed Ao Tamenuri!

Great seller too!

mcmck
September 12th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Still available! New price: $392, shipped!

mcmck
September 13th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Price drop: $355 shipped!

InkyAccountant
September 13th, 2018, 03:45 PM
That's a great deal for that pen. I need to stop looking at this page, it's too tempting.