PDA

View Full Version : De Atramentis Inks

southpaw52
May 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I was wondering if their any other fans of De Atramentis inks. If so what colors do you like? Do you have any issues with nib creep?

writingrav
May 16th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I have 2 bottles. Fuschia and Black/Red. Like them both a lot. No problem with nib creep with the black/red but the Fuschia is very saturated and I have to be careful what pen I use it in. Presently in a Parker 45. No nib creep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Uncle Red
May 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Love De Atramentis! I don't pay much attention to nib creep so I can't help you there. I just got Cola and like it a lot, it's a bit wet so it's in my Lamy 2000 which is a bit dry. Gold is really nice and easy to read. Ferdinand von Zeppelin/Atlantic Blue is great. Plum is the closest ink to a green that I like. Steel Blue has great shading. Ghandi is a nice Saffron color. Rose is a lovely rose red but the scent is a bit strong. Tobacco is a great brown with shading but the scent is floral and strong (I think they were thinking about pipe tobacco). I have some others I can't remember right now.

dr.grace
May 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Ebony is a very nice dark burgundy-brown. I don't recall seeing nib creep.

I find Bordeaux Red to be neither fish nor fowl. Unspectacular.
Dark Blue is actually more of a denim blue-grey. Pretty dull, IMO.

Royal Blue is a bit better. When dry, it's not as vivid as I'd hoped. It's not a bad medium blue. I may try this a little more. Still, I prefer Iroshizuku Asa-Gao.

GourmetPens
May 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I have the Merlot (wine series, scented), Silver Grey (Xmas series, scented), and Plum Blue (scented). No issues at all with nib creep. I love all three of them - lovely colors! The Silver grey is cinnamon scented but that fake cinnamon scent so I don't like the smell all that much, and it's pretty strong. But it's a really nice color.

Honey Mustard
May 17th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I'm a big fan of Kermesin Red, Aubergine, Elderberries, and Cabernet Sauvignon. No problems with nib creep on any of the above.

Uncle Red
May 18th, 2013, 10:20 AM
+1 for Silver Grey and Aubergine. Aubergine is a bit wet.

JazzDoc
May 18th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm a real fan of the DeAtramentis inks, at least those I've bought.
My favorites are Maron (a faaaaaaaanTAStic and distinctive green/brown/grey), Indigo Blue, and Schwarzbraun (black/brown). Along with Diamine which never lets me down, DeAtramentis is right up there.