PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Monteverde, Pilot prera, cross, Parker, sheaffer, fountain pens

Raerae84120
September 19th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I've always lurked on the site but never registered. It has been a great way to learn about new pens. I am going backpacking next year and in process of selling all my pens. (In case anyone is wondering why a new member is selling) This is the first batch to go. Please make a reasonable offer. Will only ask for actual shipping charge for first class mail. If you'd like it sent priority, then I can do that too. (NIB at the end indicates new in box)

Monteverde artista crystal turquoise M nib, used few times but clean, in original box

Sheaffer all silver pen F nib, used few times but clean, in original box

Cross botanical green daylily F nib, new in box

Pilot prera orange F nib, used few times but clean, in original box

Parker purple urban M nib, new in box

Parker gold 5th technology, used few times but clean, in original box

zaddick
September 19th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Your life will be easier if you include prices.

Raerae84120
September 19th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I've never had to sell any pen before and not sure how to price them to be honest. I am just accepting any reasonable offers (based on retail price and what I can see online on other sites)

Spideysgirl
September 20th, 2018, 04:32 AM
For me it's no prices no buy.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Chrissy
September 20th, 2018, 05:41 AM

Snap! It's no prices no buy for me too. :) On the other hand I live in Britain, and I don't know where the seller lives, so I'm probably out of the buyer loop anyway. :(

I quite liked the look of that Monteverde :(

migo984
September 20th, 2018, 06:59 AM

I honestly can’t see why it makes any difference. Sensible, informed buyers will have an idea either way of what they’re willing to pay. It’s seller’s choice whether to include an asking price or not. If lack of initial asking price puts off some buyers then that’s a risk one assumes the seller is willing to take.

Some of the best deals I’ve had on pens are from sales without an initial asking price, following polite and reasonable negotiations.

It would be helpful, however, to know location of pen(s), and whether seller is willing to ship internationally.

mmd
September 20th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Of course there is a difference. In short, pricing is simply the responsibility of the seller. This is not some special high end one of a kind pen, which you only see on the market once in a while.

The asking price represents how much the seller is expecting from the sale. If the seller just want to get the pens sold, regardless of price, why not just put it on Ebay starting at $.99?

Taking pictures and writing the descriptions all take effort and time so the seller is expecting something. Then what is that something? No one knows that better than the seller themselves. It's seller's responsibility so do your work. Don't feel shy to ask for what you are expecting.

migo984
September 20th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Of course there is a difference. In short, pricing is simply the responsibility of the seller. This is not some special high end one of a kind pen, which you only see on the market once in a while.

The asking price represents how much the seller is expecting from the sale. If the seller just want to get the pens sold, regardless of price, why not just put it on Ebay starting at $.99?

Taking pictures and writing the descriptions all take effort and time so the seller is expecting something. Then what is that something? No one knows that better than the seller themselves. It's seller's responsibility so do your work. Don't feel shy to ask for what you are expecting.

His pen, his choice.

Raerae84120
September 20th, 2018, 08:57 AM
My goodness, why is not setting a firm price on my post such a big deal? It's easier to say I'm open to all reasonable negotiation instead of just setting a price and seeing where it goes. It has been effective. As for eBay, I'm not a fan of eBay and don't use it at all (to buy or sell) and haven't in years and prefer to stay away. Why not try to sell (even cheaply for some pens) to a community who actually appreciates pens and would give it a good home?

I'm in US and ship everywhere (albeit international shipping will be higher)

Big Nibs
September 20th, 2018, 09:12 AM
My goodness, why is not setting a firm price on my post such a big deal? ....

Because you do know what you want for each of those pens but for some reason you won't tell us. If you didn't know what you wanted, you would not even be able to react when an offer was made.

Another thought. Why not put the pen descriptions in same order as the photos?

As some of the comments have shown, you are really make it hard on buyers. Not a good thing for a seller to do.

Just sayin'.

heraclitus682
September 20th, 2018, 09:16 AM

Because you do know what you want for each of those pens but for some reason you won't tell us. If you didn't know what you wanted, you would not even be able to react when an offer was made.

As some of the comments have shown, you are really make it hard on buyers. Not a good thing for a seller to do.

Just sayin'.

But he is getting a whole bunch of bumps. His postings are going to stay at the top of the forum form some time. I really don't care how someone sets up their listing. There are no forum rules for such thing here, I think. So, he can do it this way. Maybe if we don't like it we should just ignore it and move to the next post that might better meet our expectations.

Big Nibs
September 20th, 2018, 09:22 AM

Just sayin'.

But he is getting a whole bunch of bumps. His postings are going to stay at the top of the forum form some time. I really don't care how someone sets up their listing. There are no forum rules for such thing here, I think. So, he can do it this way. Maybe if we don't like it we should just ignore it and move to the next post that might better meet our expectations.

He asked a question and I provided an answer. I, on the other hand, did not ask how I should behave on this forum.

But thanks for your insight.

heraclitus682
September 20th, 2018, 09:36 AM

Just sayin'.

He asked a question and I provided an answer. I, on the other hand, did not ask how I should behave on this forum.

But thanks for your insight.

In other words "I can tell you how to behave but don't tell me" sort of thing. ...and another bump for the sales post. Man, I would be grumpy now if I were trying to sell a pen.

mmd
September 20th, 2018, 10:17 AM

His pen, his choice.

Well it depends. I don't think we promote auction on this forum and listing a pen only for offers without asking price is comparable to auction IMO. And the auction is blind on the buyer's side.