PDA

View Full Version : Rep power - what is it???

Rapidray
September 20th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I see this and was wondering just what is it. I put it in the search and only power pops up. Thanks in advance.

Chrissy
September 20th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Whenever you post on a thread, other members can see 3 options directly below your profile details on the left hand side of your post.

They are (from left to right) to give Thanks to the poster, to add to this user's Reputation (asterisk), and to Report a post.

When you are reading a post and you wish to add to the user's reputation, you press the Reputation asterisk. A box comes up asking you if you liked the post and then you can give Positive, Neutral or Negative Reputation to the poster of that post.

You also get an award automatically on the anniversary of when you joined FPG. I'm not sure exactly how that award works, but I think it just adds 1 point to your total number of points.

To see your total number of reputation points click on Settings in the top Right hand corner. There you can see the latest reputation you've received, as well as your current points total.

If you click on Forum then click on the Community tab, the Reputation Board is on a drop down menu there. You can see what reputation you have left for other members, and if you can find your name in the column for reputation received, then click on it, you will see all of the reputation you have received. If you're fortunate enough to have received any. :thumb:

For more information I suggest you read This thread (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5273-What-does-quot-Rep-Power-quot-mean?highlight=Reputation), as well as This one (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/22269-Community-Tab-Reputation-Board-Question?highlight=Reputation). There are probably others if you do a search. :)

Once you have left someone reputation of any kind, you have to spread some more reputation around before you can leave reputation for the same member again. A box pops up to tell you if you can't give any more reputation to that member. :)

Hope this helps, and may all of your reputation awards be positive. ;)

Jon Szanto
September 20th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Chrissy and I go back and forth on this. I would adore her even if she had a rep of 1. If you go chasing rep points, just also be aware that there are people who never, ever care about them. I only care about what a person writes and what I read of theirs.

However, at some point my rep passed an arbitrary number and I now have x-ray vision. True fact.

:D

Chrissy
September 20th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Chrissy and I go back and forth on this. I would adore her even if she had a rep of 1. If you go chasing rep points, just also be aware that there are people who never, ever care about them. I only care about what a person writes and what I read of theirs.

However, at some point my rep passed an arbitrary number and I now have x-ray vision. True fact.
True fact? Wow. :) But thank you for your sweet comment. :redface:

I've been on 88 points for quite some time now, but don't have x-ray vision yet. Isn't 88 a lucky number in China? :)

Jon Szanto
September 20th, 2018, 03:02 PM

True fact? Wow. :) But thank you for your sweet comment. :redface:

I've been on 88 points for quite some time now, but don't have x-ray vision yet. Isn't 88 a lucky number in China? :)

I don't know. It's basically my favorite Aurora pen, though.

Rapidray
September 20th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone. Now I know. Not into points so I don’t have to worry about that.

Jon Szanto
September 20th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone. Now I know. Not into points so I don’t have to worry about that.

Yeah, but don't overlook that x-ray vision thing. Really comes in handy at times.

Chrissy
September 21st, 2018, 12:02 AM

Yeah, but don't overlook that x-ray vision thing. Really comes in handy at times.

X-ray vision came in handy for Superman. :)

FredRydr
September 21st, 2018, 04:05 AM
Do you get a free coffee when you accumulate 100 points? And do points expire at the end of the month?

Chrissy
September 21st, 2018, 04:40 AM
Do you get a free coffee when you accumulate 100 points? And do points expire at the end of the month?

I wouldn't know. :confused: I've never got there, and at the rate I'm going I'll be pushing up daisies before I do. ;)

I don't think they "expire" once they are on there. :)

jar
September 21st, 2018, 06:34 AM
I thought it was all just a joke until the checks started coming in the mail.

Farmboy
September 21st, 2018, 08:09 AM
I was able to trade my points in to save whales. I thought it a worthwhile cause. When I get enough, this time I’m going to save a tiger or a rhino.

VertOlive
November 10th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Points can be rolled over month to month. Saving mine for that vintage Caddy...

Jon Szanto
November 10th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Redeem your Rep Power Points TODAY!

https://i.imgur.com/WEOclcMh.jpg

Sagebrush64
November 11th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Oooooh Soooooo SWANK. Gotta have the English Leather and the bill fold to let everyone know I'm a high roller!!

That's a good one Jon

Chrissy
November 11th, 2018, 02:42 AM
Wot no pens? :cry:

NibsForScript
November 11th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Oooooh Soooooo SWANK. Gotta have the English Leather and the bill fold to let everyone know I'm a high roller!!

That's a good one Jon

Oooh can I add some green stamps to my points to get some of this cool stuff.. This brought a good chuckle over morning coffee. Thanks!!!

penwash
November 11th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Whenever you post on a thread, other members can see 3 options directly below your profile details on the left hand side of your post.

They are (from left to right) to give Thanks to the poster, to add to this user's Reputation (asterisk), and to Report a post.

When you are reading a post and you wish to add to the user's reputation, you press the Reputation asterisk. A box comes up asking you if you liked the post and then you can give Positive, Neutral or Negative Reputation to the poster of that post.

I've been on FPG for a long while now and this is the first time I learn how to affect the Rep number. Thanks Chrissy!! :D

Chrissy
November 11th, 2018, 12:11 PM

I've been on FPG for a long while now and this is the first time I learn how to affect the Rep number. Thanks Chrissy!! :D

You're welcome. :)

Chip
July 24th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Seems like there must be quite a few people who post expecting the recipient to do the same: like for like.

Haven't paid any attention to it so far, nor will I do so in the future.

Chrissy
July 24th, 2021, 02:21 PM
Seems like there must be quite a few people who post expecting the recipient to do the same: like for like.

Haven't paid any attention to it so far, nor will I do so in the future.
There probably are because when you give reputation to someone a box comes up saying "Hope you receive good reputation in return" or something similar.

dneal
July 25th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Always surprised at rando necrothreads, but the usual purpose of rep was a method of delegating moderator powers. Enough “rep”, from one or several people (depending on parameters) enabled the ability to delete posts and even temp ban users.

Chrissy
July 25th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Always surprised at rando necrothreads, but the usual purpose of rep was a method of delegating moderator powers. Enough “rep”, from one or several people (depending on parameters) enabled the ability to delete posts and even temp ban users.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this, but the parameters may have been set quite strictly on FPG as it seems to be difficult to leave members reputation comments on more than one occasion.
I have no idea how that part of the feature works. :noidea:
If I was to guess I think it depends on exactly how many reputation comments you leave for others before trying to leave more for those to whom you have previously left some.