PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Pelikan and Montblanc Vintage: All $200 or Less ; Part 2

ChrisC
September 23rd, 2018, 08:52 PM
Hi there, got lots of great vintage Pelikan and Montblanc to sell. All have fully smooth, working pistons and write/fill nicely.

Bump, 15% off listed price on everything

Please read before buying!!
- I have pointed out the flaws of each pen to the best of my knowledge. I have a generous return policy outlined below, but you should know that these are vintage pens.
- Caveats of buying vintage:
- All have the usual microscratches from usage. You can polish them out, but I'll leave that up to you. Major scratches or cracks, I have tried my best to point out.
- Avoid posting the cap: Personally, I post mine anyway (very gently!!) , but know that this risks cracking the cap. Cracks as a result of posting the cap will void the return policy completely
- Gold trim wear: I've tried to take representative pictures and give representative descriptions. Gold trim on these is rarely excellent; would go as far to say rarely even "good." If flaws on gold trim irk you, I would say that affordable vintage
pens won't be your cuppa. Mint ones would be a good deal more expensive than the ones I have listed here
- Flex: I've shown what I consider to be "safe" flexing in the writing samples. Don't be fooled by listings out there where the nibs have been over-pushed to exaggerate the flexibility.
Sprung nibs from over-flexing will also void the return policy completely.
- THESE ARE AWESOME NIBS !! Nothing modern compares. :D

Terms:
Shipping is $10 for USA, insured. At cost for international. Combined shipping, which will likely get you savings, is at cost.
Payment by Paypal
Email intent to buy at christopherchen1911 at gmail.com
May notify me that you want to return the pen for any reason within 7 days of receiving.
You'll receive a full refund, minus the original shipping cost. You are responsible for getting the pen back to me in the same condition as it came to you.

Here's the writing sample index, it also shows the pens in order so you can skip down to the one you like.

Pelikan 140 Green/Black
$175
14C OB (sorry, writing sample says OM)
Nice flex, good gold trim on the clip, but like the next two 140's the trim ring has a lot of wear. (most do)

Pelikan 140 Green/Black
$135
14C F/M nib
Some semi-flex.
Okay gold trim on clip, lots of wear on the trim ring.

The Star of the show !!
Pelikan 140 Green/Black
$200
14C OBB nib
flexible and amazing writing character
okay gold trim on the clip, lots of wear on the trim ring
Get this one for the nib :D

Montblanc 34
$80
14C B/BB stubbish nib
Like the next pen, these were made to be super smooth, so not much flex.
Has a crack in the cap, but if you don't post it, should be fine.
Heavily worn clip, but can be polished to as shiny as brass will get.
Great affordable start to a vintage Montblanc collection

Montblanc 14
$175
18C EF/F nib
These were made to be super smooth, so not much flex.
Excellent overall, little or no gold trim wear. B
Great writer and the last really "vintage" generation of the true Masterpiece/Meisterstuck Montblanc's

ChrisC
September 23rd, 2018, 08:53 PM
One more pic of #9

ChrisC
September 24th, 2018, 10:31 PM

Adding a pic of the 34 crack.

ChrisC
September 28th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Bump, 10% off everything

ChrisC
September 30th, 2018, 04:47 PM
bump, 15% off everything