PDA

View Full Version : Old-style MB ink bottles, rounded end?

Sailor Kenshin
May 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Is there any reliable dealer (other than bidding on a product from fleabay) who still carries the older MB ink bottles with the rounded end?

I'm asking because I saw sample writing here with MB Toffee Brown. This is the color for me, and a dealer on Amazon was selling them at a reasonable price.

The picture with the ad showed the older style bottle with the round 'toe.' That's what I wanted, so I bought it.

The actual bottle is different from the picture. It's the newer squared-off style.

It kinda matters to me.

So ... Do any dealers still carry these older bottles? Or am I just stuck with haunting fleabay?

Thanks!

whych
May 17th, 2013, 06:32 AM
MB put a 'best before' date on their bottles so I should imagine that the dealers would have sold all their old bottles by now.
If it's the bottle you want, you are going to have to buy some old stock ink on fleabay or similar.
If it's the toffe brown you want, you are going to have to settle for the new bottle.
Diamine Chocolate is near as dammit to the same colour at a fraction of the pice, but no fancy botle ;)

Sailor Kenshin
May 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info. I did not realize the ink had an 'expiration' date!

Anyone got an old empty to get rid of, lol?

whych
May 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
If you are in Europe try ebay.de. Oustide Europe, the shipping will cost a bomb.
Cheapest new style ifyou are in US is
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Montblanc-Bottled-Ink-Refill-Toffee-Brown-105188-NEW-/121107609699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c32937863

At the price, it looks a good buy for MB ink. It should come in a fancy box with instruction on how to fill your MB.
The new style bottles aren't too bad once you get used to them.

Sailor Kenshin
May 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Not in Europe, but thanks for the fleabay link!

whych
May 17th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Not in Europe, but thanks for the fleabay link!
It was a fluke really - came up on ebay.de when I looked for old style bottles.
If you like the swan neck bottles, you should try and find an old swan neck Pelikan bottle. Much nicer shape to them.