PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Conklin set, Flexible nib, near perfect Sapphire Blue

dougb1426
October 1st, 2018, 04:00 PM
This is what I believe is called the Conklin Three-Fifty model. Same style as the Endura, although smaller (pen length closed is 4-7/8 inches). It lacks the annular rings and did not have the perpetual guarantee of the Endura, but is otherwise virtually identical. This set is in almost perfect condition, the color is fantastic, and no marks on the cap or barrels. No brassing. The fountain pen is equipped with a medium flexible nib (see writing sample on lousy paper), has a new sac and writes smoothly. The pencil works perfectly. It has the original lead and full eraser and, of course it is hardened. If you are looking for a beautiful example of the vintage, Endura style Conklin this is a great find. I am not sure how to price this set; although it was lower priced than the Endura, I just haven’t seen any up for sale. I assume it should be less than the regular Endura, so I’ve priced it at about half what I have seen nice Endura go for. If you’re interested in the set and think I’m off-base on price, let me know. $210 shipped priority, fully insured CONUS