PDA

View Full Version : Nama Ha Suri Nuri

Manupropria
October 9th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Manu Propria Pens - A Miyabi Bô Type Medium Size Pen with urushi lacquer. "Nama Ha Suri Nuri" is a technique in which leafs of plants are painted with strongly pigmented urushi and pressed on urushi lacquer ground to leave the leaf‘s pattern. Momiji-Maki-e is one version where „Momiji“ Japanese Maple leafs are used. The remaining urushi is sprinkled with various metal powders, in this case gold, platinum and copper. Some are left pure red, yellow and orange urushi.

Cheers,

Martin

ethernautrix
October 9th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Well, that's gorgeous.

Robert
October 9th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Beautiful autumnal pen!

Lloyd
October 9th, 2018, 08:58 PM
If any fountain pen could be to be too beautiful to use, then that would be the one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

amk
October 10th, 2018, 02:49 AM
Very seasonal and very beautiful. (Looking out of my window I can see foliage in just these colours of gold, red, yellow - we still have a little sunshine.)

Manupropria
October 11th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Thank you very much.
Here more of them

whichwatch
October 11th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Those are beautiful, as are the other pieces I have seen you post.

The only improvement I can suggest is to add a design of some sort on the nib. The ultra plain surface draws away from the beauty of the pen, in my opinion. I would love to add one to my collection, but every time I see the nib, it causes me to hesitate.

da vinci
October 11th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Stunning - one of your best works so far. It would be great to see you offer a #8 nib on these pens.

Manupropria
October 11th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Thank you.
Regarding the nib: Manu Propria is and will stay a small manufacturer.
My annual production capacity is +/- 300 pieces.
There are only two companies where independent manufacturer can buy nibs from JOWO and BOCK as do all the European manufacturers. A nib with a customized engraving would be a extremely substantial committment.
Howeveer, I am working on my own nibs but this will take some time to complete

Inky Poops
October 12th, 2018, 03:05 AM
Fantastic pens as always. I didn't see these when you came to Tokyo so assume they are your very latest products.

Incidentally I'd just like to say what a pleasure it was to meet you and your pens at the Tokyo International Pen Show. You were very patient with my questions and great fun to talk to. (I was the short English guy in the blue trilby hat on the Saturday). Just sorry I couldn't buy any, hopefully that will change next year.