PDA

View Full Version : +1 for Edison Pen Co.

eriquito
March 15th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I met Brian Gray, owner of Edison Pen Co., at the Los Angeles Pen Show in February of 2010. I had many questions about the pens he creates and he answered them all very patiently.

I placed an order for a custom pen based on his Pearl model.

During the few weeks that followed (before the pen was actually made), I had half a dozen more questions and made changes to the design at least three times. I know I must have been a very difficult customer.

Brian never once made me feel that I was any sort of inconvenience. What's more, the pen he created for me is stunningly beautiful and writes like a dream!

Kudos to Brian and Edison Pen Co.

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Okami
April 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
I'll add my endorsement for Brian. He is super and produces an awesome pen. I have a Huron Bulb Filler and absolutely adore it.

Julie

Roger3
April 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Brian is a caring person as well as an artisan. Love my herald and 76 Looking forward to the Morgan!

eriquito
April 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
I've spoken personally with Brian and he confirms that he'll have a table at the Chicago Pen Show.

Just one more excellent reason to visit The Windy City!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly G
April 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
I have to admit to more than a mild interest in an Edison pen. I really like hard rubber pens and some of Brian's are beautiful. Hopefully I'll get somewhere I can lay my hands on them, although that would likely make a dent in my bank account.

rroossinck
April 5th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Brian made a pen for me a few years ago, and it's one of my favorites. I don't carry it out of the house most of the time, because I'm paranoid that something will happen to it, but it gets used all the time when I write thank-you notes on invoices. :)

Wile E Coyote
April 10th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Brian is brilliant besides being a great guy. He and Aaron from Pentiques came out to the Central Penn Pens meeting last year. He gave a demonstration where he showed in detail how he made his pens. He even explained how to make the multiple start thread he and most manufacturers use on caps and sections.

Brian is definately an asset to the fountain pen community.

eriquito
April 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Brian has announced that he's working on an Edison Pen Co. limited edition Urushi Pearl.

No pricing as of yet, but details are available: HERE (http://www.edisonpen.com/page.cfm/Urushi-Pearl-Project)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Roger3
April 12th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Indeed he does have a collaborative effort in process, one of which pens will come to my home. I passed on the Morgan when I learned of the Urushi Pearl and well, now I'm gonna have one! WHOOYA!